Legacy Products - Support Has Ceased

I am quarantining a laptop against all updates of any kind. That way I can preserve the life of the Legacy Products made by Topaz which I rather love!

4 Likes

Jack, why the quarantine since Topaz is not updating the legacy (pre-AI) plug-ins? Or am I missing something?

I too love the legacy plug-ins and prefer to use them.

1 Like

Windows will get updated, as will Photoshop, so eventually without the support, Topaz Products will fail.

2 Likes

Thanks, I see what you mean.

It’s a sad day. I hope that someone out there will rescue them and give them a new lease of life, as that which happened to Nik Filters.

2 Likes

Most of the standalone Topaz Products can be easily reproduced via TS2 - just takes a bit of work. But I still like the compartmentalized presets in each separate application :smiley:

I would certainly use TS2 more if it supported layers.

2 Likes

I agree Mond, I haven’t used TS2 even once simply because it doesn’t support layers. I use layers constantly so it would be an unneeded waste of time to even start a project in TS2. I’d eventually have to stop, save my project, and then continue on, most likely in Photoshop.

1 Like

Gosh, I wished TS2 was easier to use. :((
Why don’t they add supported layers?

2 Likes

Topazlabs are a tad under-resourced. They need a cash injection, or one of intellectual ability to bring us the fullest implementation of TS2. Some fans of Topazlabs like myself, have been patient for going on three years awaiting for the goodies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had some old Topas products pre-AI and I was disappointed with the lack of updates.

Abraham