LATEST UPDATE

There’s a fairly steep learning curve to using Topaz AI, but I had finally arrived at a point where I felt I could take advantage of the major features offered and it added real value to my work. Past updates were incremental. This one was like starting from scratch. Perhaps they are just in some menu I don’t see but some features just don’t seem to be there any more. Can I adjust the strength of face recovery? Does every image have to open at 100% magnification forcing me to shrink to 15 or 20% each time I import an image in order to see some or all on the screen? I actually liked experimenting with the different sharpening and noise models, old and new, to see which best met my needs. Gone? I think so. Why can’t all the tools display on the menu as before? I find myself running it in the auto mode now because it’s too difficult to figure out where things are and how they work. Topas Photo AI always had some drawbacks such as hands; it was often terrible with hands! But the face recovery, noise reduction and sharpening features were very nice. I’m sitting tight and hoping future "updates’ can be done in the context of what we have. Photo editing takes time; please don’t make it more difficult. I really like your product.

1 Like

Hey Joseph, did you see the video in the release thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ7mxgf7dLA

I feel the same way! I miss the options being on the right side rather than having to click Sharpen each time.

Totally agree, you describe my own experience with the strange new UI down to the last detail. I would also rather devote myself to editing photos than wandering through menus that are incomprehensible to me in the hope that maybe I will eventually find what I need somewhere. And the new behavior of the magnification function is unacceptable to me, I don’t understand why they changed it like that.

1 Like

If you would like to revert to any previous Topaz Photo AI version, you can find a list of previous installers at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Community Forums | Topaz Photo AI | Releases

We have updated our Topaz Labs Documentation page with some helpful information to help users familiarize themselves with the new workflow that I will link below.

Topaz Photo AI | Quick Start | App Basics

We appreciate any further feedback or comments about the current v2.4.0, and I would love to share them with our developers. This can give us more insight into what Topaz Photo AI is needed for and, ultimately, what direction we need to take to fulfill the needs of our users.