Latest Panasonic RW2 photos are not successfully processed to DNG in Topaz Photo AI 2.4

I have tried several photos shot using the fairly recent (end of 2023) Panasonic G9 Mark II camera. Processing in Adobe Lightroom works as expected but I do not seem to be able to use Topaz Photo AI.

1 Like

Same problem for me… :sweat_smile:

Thank you for the confirmation.

Workaround for people who require an immediate solution: consider using

• Adobe Lightroom and convert to DNG during import (it seems to be good practice to use this well-documented format in the first place)
    or
  • (freely available) Adobe Camera Raw - it stores photos in DNG format.

I had not problem using a DNG file (obtained following the described approach) in Topaz Photo AI 2.40. The result (I used the auto mode) was absolutely stunning. Great job, Topaz team!

1 Like

Currently the G9 Mark II is not supported by our application.

Check out our list of Supported Cameras for Topaz Photo AI.

We utilize a third-party software known as LibRAW for RAW file processing. We will need to patiently await an update from them regarding their RAW library before we can incorporate it into our software.

During this period, it would be necessary for you to convert those RAW files into either TIFF or JPG format.

for me this thing of relying on another “program” to read RAW files is a really bad side of Photo AI… even if we don’t ask you to get support for all cameras and RAW files NOW, you should work on your own to improve the handling of these files, especially on the optics side, which are often not handled properly (in fact many photos turn out distorted even with lens correction enabled). … you should imitate DxO, which makes better improvements precisely because it has a database of cameras and optics that it analyzes firsthand, for better management of RAW files!

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with these particular file? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

I can reach out to some of the developers and see if they have any more information :slight_smile: