Kicking the tires before I buy Video AI, looking for advice

I am interested in Topaz Video AI. I’ve played around with some video that is from the 90s and the conversions look nice. I have a bunch of stock, late 1940s video that is in B&W from WW2. If Video AI can improve it, then I’ll probably make the purchase.

BUT…Until then, I’d like to get some feedback on what settings would be best for the type of video I described above. It’s 480p at 25fps. I’d like to bump it up to 1080p at 30fps (but 60fps is good too). Using the trial version and its available options only, what settings do people recommend to achieve at least 1080p at 30fps?

Thank you in advance for any settings advice. I’m anxious to see how well the program handles the footage.

Interpolation will almost look best at integers. So in this case a x2 to 50fps will look best at 960p/1920p

If it’s old, try Artemis med quality + apollo

It always depends on the individual video and your personal taste, so there is no general tip which settings may fit your needs best. If you would like to make us run some tests on one of your video clips please offer a download source quick. :eyes:

1 Like

Try Doine DV or Dione TV, it’s less aggressive and will result pretty good on old films