Just a thought

How about one day a week for CC (Constructive Criticism). If you see something an image that you would do different - post it. I think this could be a good learning tool.

1 Like

I think that constructive criticism is one of the best parts of the forum and I think that people have almost always been very good here about offering criticism constructively and receiving it graciously. I am not sure that a special day of the week would help though.

1 Like

I agree with @KenKv, but I don’t understand why we should be limiting constructive criticism to one day a week? I’m all for CC and welcome it for every one of my image posts, but only ask that it be constructive so I can learn from them.

At times, I do hesitate offering my CC because I’m not sure if the member even wanted any? I by no means claim to be an expert nor mean it as negative opinion, but I do mention CC from time to time because we can always overlook something and also learn new things. I do believe in sharing our knowledge with others… that’s how I gained any new knowledge & skills.

Kind of a tricky subject not knowing if the member is looking for CC or not and it might be a pain to have to always include it within the text of our post? This way if it is there you will know who is open to CC and who is not? I’m open to any other suggestions regarding this.

As far as all my posts, anyone is always welcome to offer CC… sign me up here.
If anyone else agrees maybe they can mention it here as well and we’ll have some kind of list of who is open to CC?
Thanks for the post and subject regarding this.

4 Likes

I like the idea of CC, boy do I really need that.

1 Like

Would it be possible to add an icon(?) to the profile to indicate that CC is acceptable and welcome?

2 Likes

Got to agree with you. Also many times I look at an image and would make some changes to it if were mine… but don’t say anything because my thoughts would not necessarily be making the image better for the creator.

Finally I also agree with what others have said - we don’t need a special day to offer CC. I always like to hear suggestions for my images, whether I agree with the CC or not.

1 Like

This is a good idea and would be helpful.

My same thoughts as well. Although this post thread may not be read by everyone, at least I have an idea who is open to CC. I guess we can only hope that others read this post and give us some indication if they are open to CC. Hopefully maybe Topaz will read this and provide us with some kind of icon or something like @AngieD mentioned.

Maybe we should start a Topic… Who is interested in Constructive Criticism and start from there?

John, sometimes when people ask for constructive criticism they are not ready to hear what they may hear. It is a touchy area. Personally, I know you will take it on board without offence, but other people may not have the same demeanor, so I’m just not sure.

I hesitate to write - not that I don’t - but I am careful if I haven’t been in contact with that person as a person.

I also think it should be suggested as constructive advice.

1 Like

I don’t mind constructive criticism and have often been alerted to something I might have missed before uploading and could have done something about it had I realized it needed it. I think we all tend to fall in love with our own creation when we’re working on it and might have been obsessed with some other detail. I’m not shy about mentioning things that appear “off” or do not contribute to the overall image when I see one that I otherwise like but make no comment if it’s something that isn’t appealing to me because then its purely just my own opinion.

1 Like

Totally agree Elle

2 Likes

Hi Eleanore!

I don’t mind constructive criticism either. I believe that I need it in order to improve:slight_smile: my work.

1 Like

I see there is still interest in this topic… Maybe Topaz can create a topic category called Critique Corner or something like that? This way members will know who and what images are open to CC?

1 Like