It Seems All a Bit Upside Down at The Moment - AI and Topaz

Well, if you go in to get a “bob” style haircut and you come out with a mullet you’ll have to adjust to that too b/c that’s what you’ve got. It doesn’t mean you can’t tell the hairstylist that what you got isn’t what you (and a lot of your friends) are really happy with, so the stylist knows how they should make adjustments in order to please you more & guarantee you return in the future… :scissors: : :desktop_computer:

5 Likes

I have stopped giving feedback Elle, because Topaz just goes ahead, despite any feedback. When we say something is wrong, Topaz does not listen and releases the latest - not best version.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I agree, and as demonstrated by a complete lack of response to this post and others by Topaz! Ignoring your customers is never a good idea if a business wants to succeed…

3 Likes

Just so that you understand, this is a user to user forum.

So why in posts from earlier in the year we’ve seen responses direct from Topaz on issues raised in this forum?

2 Likes

Mostly the comments are from their own posts or, in some cases, where they have been invited to comment on technical issues. If you have any problems with any products just raise a support request at the main website.

Topazlabs have 7000+ users on Facebook. This forum - except for Beta Testing - is not the centre of their focus nor attention. Direct messages to Topazlabs must needs be Private, and should be via their Ticket Raising Area.

1 Like

Topaz will surely be monitoring all sites that discuss their products, pretty silly if they didn’t, but maybe feel they don’t have to comment. What we discuss here will be hitting home and having an impact.

2 Likes

I’d hope so too, particularly as this forum is accessed via a link from their website titled ‘support’. Only time will tell if they’ve been taking cogniscance of the comments from what are some of their longer term customers…

The idea that these forums are only user-user would seem to be a bit of a mixed message. Many/most companies have dedicated forums, such as these, as their primary focus (not Facebook). But, in this case that seems to be inverted. On FB, the ratio of photo-posts versus technical, which are mostly mixed together, is quite high.

Topaz-forum

3 Likes

My feeling is that since this is the official Topaz Labs forum, it should be the preference area for announcements. Facebook reaches a broader audience so its understandable why it’s used. Ideally, they should be posted simultaneously for others like myself who don’t frequent Facebook.

5 Likes

Agreed. Ditto as a non-Facebook user.

3 Likes

Facebook appears to be the tool of Topaz’s sales team, which is fine, it reaches more people, and the support team have their own dedicated channel. But the development team appear confused as to where their home should be. Perhaps they should consider this forum?

1 Like

Topaz is really good, I must say. It has beautiful filters which many apps do not even have some closest one.

1 Like