Is there a reason why all work is lost if program or computer crashes?

Hi!
All of the processing is done locally on your computer. Your video does not leave your computer at any point during processing so any files are only stored on your computer. You can actually use Video Enhance AI offline if you’d like.

Ai, ok, then all proces is indeed lost during a pc crash or malfunction in power supply.

Well, unless your output is in the form of images, then at least you do get left with everything up to that point though that’s hardly the point.

I think it might be fixed in version 2.4.0, it’s certainly not occurring at the end of a preview, as it did before.

I’m running a 3090 FTW3 with a 1200 watt PSU. Most things ran fine for me except for VEAI, so I finally dug around inside my PC.

I found that I had used one of those dual PCIe split power connectors from my PSU; I had two PCIe power cables going into the three power ports on the GPU. Once I fished out a third PCIe power cable, VEAI has been stable ever since.

You’re probably smarter than me and didn’t do what I did, but it might be worth checking into.

2 Likes