Instant Crash on Denoise, Sharpen, and Studio using Asus TUF VG27AQL1A Display Drivers

Sharpen, DeNosie, Studio and Clear (and prob more) instantly crash when the Asus TUF VG27AQL1A Display Driver is installed. The programs will load, but instantly crash when any image is loaded.

This is a fairly new monitor which was released this last July(?).

I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me as I changed a lot over the past few days, reinstalled several of the programs several times using Revo Uninstaller to get all the leftover registry keys.

I then tried the plugin Clean and an error was finally thrown which I could research. Error #3000. I then found the Topaz Article where Error #3000 has to do with color profiles for the monitor. Followed the advice in the article but nothing worked. Still crashing instantly. (https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/200970986-Error-Code-3000)

Uninstalled the display driver and reverted back to “generic pnp monitor”; all crashing stopped.

Anyway, just a heads up that the “VG27AQL1A” display driver dose not play well with topaz software; as far as I can tell anyway.

Yes there are issues with other display drivers such as the MS Surface etc. If you calibrate your monitor using something like SpyderX Pro you shouldn’t have those issues. You are right it is the ICC Profile causing the crashes.