In-App Update Option Will Not Update

I keep getting “2 Updates available” , I click, it downloads, I then get “Install now”. I click, Topaz AI closes, when I reopen, I get “2 Updates available” and the same circus repeats.

The installer running through the PAI application is having some challenges and the Topaz development team is working on resolution. The release to resolve it should be rolled out in a couple weeks.

Did you try to download it directly/locally and run it? This has been working on most machines that have had issues with the update. Just grab the latest release and run it to bring your application to the current version.

Here’s a link to the release.

This sounds like a bug that some windows users have been experiencing with the in-app update option.

Let’s try updating your application outside of the in-app update option to see if we are able to find a workaround while our developers are working on this problem.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the appropriate OS system link to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

For UPDATE 2.3.2

When I press Install Now the whole program shuts down.

I have rebooted twice now just to be certain the system is running optimally. Win 10

Thoughts?

The application needs to shut down before installing the update. Also make sure that, if you use external editors to call Photo AI, that they are also closed before the install.

This topic was automatically closed after 47 days. New replies are no longer allowed.