Impression - Only Black Image Saved

I am having the same issue when trying to use impressions 2 plug-in via lightroom or when trying to use impressions 2 via topaz studio or impressions 2 as a stand-alone program. I checked to be sure the display drivers were updated and I also think my HP 27-n141 desktop. Can you give any other suggestions on a fix?

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz
Manufacturer
GenuineIntel
Description
Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
Architecture
x64

of Cores

of Threads

Current Clock Speed
2808 MHz
Current Voltage
Level 2 Cache
1024 Kb
Level 3 Cache
8192 Kb
Processor Id
BFEBFBFF000506E3
Revision
Availability
Running at full power
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 530
Adapter Compatibility
Intel Corporation
Video Processor
Intel® HD Graphics Family
Resolution
1920 x 1080
Bits Per Pixel
Number of Colors
Refresh Rate - Current
60 Hz
Refresh Rate - Maximum
60 Hz
Refresh Rate - Minimum
60 Hz
Driver Provider
Intel Corporation
Driver Version
Driver Date
10/2/2017
Adapter DAC Type
Internal
Adapter RAM
1.00 GB
Availability
Running at full power
Status
This device is working properly.

The issue you face is that the PC doesn’t have enough vRAM, dedicated for the GPU, to process the images using the Intel HD Graphics 530. You will probably need to reduce the size of the image you wish to process, here are the GPU requirements:

Impression 2 now supports very large images. The more powerful your graphics card, the larger the image you can process reliably. Here’s a guide showing how large of an image you should expect to be able to process, based on the VRAM in your GPU:

* Minimum: 1GB → up to 8,000px wide
* Recommended: 2GB → up to 12,000px wide
* Best: 4GB+ → up to 20,000px wide

If you don’t have dual GPUs and it is a desktop you can add a secondary GPU such as a NVIDIA or AMD. See the page for Studio recommended hardware and choose a recommended GPU type as a minimum:

Wow, thank you for such a quick reply. I did try to reduce the file size and end up with the same issue. I also tried it on jpeg, tif & dng files with the same issue. Also, this just started happening within the last year so I stopped using the program but now I need/want to use it for a specific image and it is leaving me frustrated. Thank you for the help and info. I will just go back to not using it again.

You also may want to check for GPU driver updates as the latest I have is 23.20.16.4973 on my Intel HD and you list yours as 21.20.16.4821 which is well over a year ago.

Thank you again. I will investigate a GPU update.

well, no luck. I now have 23.20.16.4973 and I still have the same issue. Thank you again for trying to help me. Have a great rest of the day.

The other option you may have is to download Impression v1 and see if that works, the previous installers are available from:

Thank you. The older version works!

I don’t know if this is still disgust.
In my case it helped to only have one piece of Topaz Software running at the time.

So first i use Gigapixel then I close it, then I open Studio ant then after closing Gigapixel and after that starting Studio I can save fine again.