Image from Canon R8 RAW file is cropped when opened in PHOTO AI 3

When I open a R8 RAW file (CR3) directly in PHOTO AI, it is cropped (I’m guessing that it is about 4X5 and not the normal 2X3). If I open it in On1 Photo RAW and export it as a TIFF file to PHOTO AI, it is 2X3, but I was hoping to use PHOTO AI on the RAW file, because it used to produce better results that way. It seems to do this on a lot of image, but not all of them, and I haven’t figured out what is unique about the ones that it works correctly on and the ones that it comes out cropped. Do you have any clues???

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

I just sent you two files. I opened the CR3 file and let PHOTO AI do the default noise reduction and then exported it as a DNG file. The exported DNG is 4000X5000 when the CR3 is 4000X6000, so it is cropped. I didn’t do anything but open and export (I didn’t intentionally crop the picture).

Thanks for your help
Bob

Thanks for sending in that file. I was able to replicate this problem you were reporting and have made a task for the team to investigate. I will be sure to reach out to you hear once I hear back from the developers with any more information.

If you need anything in the meantime always feel free to reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Or you can send us an email at help@topazlabs.com