I'm fed up

Incoming rant alert…

OK - I’ve been an avid Topaz user since their early days of plugins for Photoshop. On the list of products I have on my account on the Topaz site, I need to scroll a long way to see them all.

BUT - among the products I’ve bought is DeNoise AI, and having spent a small (?large) fortune on Topaz products - all of them - over the years, I now get the message that there is yet another update available BUT my license doesn’t cover it. WHAT??? It’s not even a major version update - it’s a dot point update. But having spent hundreds, possibly well over the thousand Aussie dollars, on Topaz products, to be told my license doesn’t even cover a dot point update, well, that IS an insult! And a rip-off.

Also, WTF are Topaz doing with Adjust AI? It’s languishing unloved and un-updated, with the old installer, and won’t work on the latest Mac OS versions - it just hangs. They’ve acknowledged this with me via email - but that was ages ago, and they said they would be updating Adjust AI and including the new installer that all the other AI apps use. But still - nothing.

So, due to persistent money-grabbing, and failure to update such a basic function as Adjust, I’ll be leaving Topaz now. I still have them all, but many no longer work.

Any recommendations for similar apps and plugins that are better supported and that don’t involve money-grabbing ripoffs?

End of rant…!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ongoing product value and paid upgrades