I just installed topaz photo ai v3.0.2 and the final image looses details from preview, including the crop

On a MacBook Air, after I finish cropping and editing image in Lightroom Classic I then edit the image in Topaz Photo AI using the LrC plug-in.

I just upgraded to v3.0.2, and after I’ve exported the finished image back to LrC the crop is lost, and details have been deleted through additional sharpening or denoising. Specifically, significant parts of the legs of a bird are missing that were fine in the preview. Additionally, in the preview the crop from LrC is maintained, but once the image is exported back to LrC that entire original image appears.

This has never happened with any previous version. How can I work around this???

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the link below to update:

Hi John, thanks for your reply! I have downloaded 3.0.3, and just sent a cropped image to Topaz Photo AI from LrC vis the File dropdown menu option “plugin extras”. The crop was lost in Topaz.

I sent the same image from LrC to Topaz Photo AI using the Photo dropdown menu option “Edit in Topaz Photo AI” (in this same dropdown menu I can choose either “edit with Topaz Photo AI” or just “Topaz Photo AI”. I chose the former.). There were no sharpening or denoise edits made until I clicked on “add enhancements” and then clicked on sharpening. The result was HORRIBLE Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 4.46.36 PM|850x509

Finally, I sent the same image from LrC to Topaz Photo AI using the Photo dropdown menu option “Topaz Photo AI.” Again, there were no sharpening or denoise edits made until I clicked on “add enhancements” and then clicked on sharpening. The result was the same horrible result above.

I used to swear by Topaz. It’s now completely unusable for me.

Oh, I forgot to include that when I accessed Topaz Photo AI via the File dropdown menu, although I lost the crop at least the sharpening and denoising was accomplished.

When I looked to see if Topaz preserved the masks I created in LrC, this is what I found, which also explains the strange ghosting I see in some of my edited images

Please take a screen recording of this behavior so I can see exactly what is happening.

Loom is a great free application for this: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording