I edited about 150 photos straight - then failed

I edited about 150 photos straight and hit save the photos and it locked up and wouldn’t read the files any more and is most likely going to make me restart the program. It would be nice to have periodic save files for situations like this.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Hi there! Please be sure to include your computer’s system profile and your logs from Topaz Photo AI so we can troubleshoot. You can gather your log files from the app by first recreating this behavior within the app, and then going to Help > Open Log Folder. Upload all of these log files to this thread and we can review them.

How to Obtain Your System Profile (Windows)

How To Obtain Your System Profile (Mac)

Hi

Love PhotoAi!

More recently though i experience crashes when i have loaded 150+ RAW images and gone through many of them tweaking the settings rather than using Autopilot.

A crash like this wastes perhaps 30+ mins of editing time. (We also experience intermittent power failure which has the same effect)

Please can you consider adding a feature that saves “edits/settings” so that in the event of a crash, the PhotoAi application can restore itself to just prior to the crash

Kind regards

Tristan

1 Like

preston, hopefully this helps

DxDiag.txt (137 KB)

2023-05-20-23-44-33.tzlog (20.9 MB)

@justin.wieczorek Thanks uploading those.

It looks like your graphics card drivers are up to date.

The crash is likely caused by the computer running out of RAM because the files are too large or there are too many being processed at a time.

If you’re processing RAW files, try using smaller batches. That should reduce the likelihood of crashing.

Also, try manually selecting to use the GPU to use for processing. Go to the Topaz Photo AI Menu option > Preferences > General menu > AI Processor.

I would be extremely surprised if I ran out o fob 96 gig of ram your program shouldn’t come close to using half of that. They are not raw files they are mid-journey files, where I upscale and make adjustments.

1 Like

Could you send me all the log files in your folder? The one log you sent does not show the cause of the crash.

I can review the logs and share them with my team once I have that information.

Here you go.

I have also uncovered another bug in the system. Let’s say you have an exported file in photoshop and you like it and then save it. Then go back and choose a completely different photo you like and save it as the same name. You will get this weird double picture issue once it tries to upscale it. Like the file has memory of the previous state and is trying to render it in Photo AI. I have replicated this and have confirmed that it happens consistently if you decide to rename/overwrite a picture with a different picture with the same name. See the video and photo below.
LOGS.zip (38.2 MB)

Hey Justin,

Topaz Photo AI does save some information from the image so I would not recommend having the same name for both files. Are you able to change this in your workflow? We can add a step to check if the file contents are the same or different but that would be low priority so it may not be fixed for a while.

I found one crash in the logs and documented it for my team. I can send next steps once I get more information from them.

Heads up I have a developer looking into this crash. I haven’t heard back yet.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.