How to make PS 2020 to see Impression 2?

My wife and I have Mac Minis and PS 2020. Her Impression 2 works fine as a plugin from PS but mine simply does not work.

I ran Impression stand-alone first and even rebooted the machine with no avail.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

Bressan

When you say it doesn’t work what do you mean?

Is it installed in the filters list? Did you run it as a standalone when you installed it and was PS closed at the time?

What is the actual OS and GPU?

Mac mini
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.6 GHz
Number of Processors:1
Total Number of Cores:4
Memory:16 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Everything exactly my wife’s Mac Mini and it works for her.

Yes, I run stand-alone, closed PS and even rebooted the machine with no avail.

Thanks.

Bressan

1 Like

does it appear in the filters list in PS?

No. It does not. I can only use it stand-alone by saving a JPG and then loading it into Impression 2.

As I am not a Mac user and I know that PS 2020 changed the install locations I think what you can do is this on a Mac:

Go to your preferences menu in Photoshop and select Plug-ins. Check / enable the Additional Plug-ins Folder option then click Choose. After that, please navigate to: Macintosh HD → Library → Application Support and select the Topaz Labs folder. Then click save / OK to save this back to Photoshop. Back in Photoshop click OK to save your changes, then restart Photoshop. Once Photoshop opens, go to your Filter menu and you should be able to access Topaz.

If the plugins aren’t there they will still be in the package an you should be able to extract from there and place in the plugins folder for PS 2020.

Hope it works for you, Merry Christmas and if there are any Mac users on the forum at this time please drop in and either confirm or correct the instructions above.