How To Get Around Much Of Alaska

Much of Alaska, including the state capital Juneau, is not accessible by highway - only by boat or plane.

13 Likes

Nice capture Flick …

1 Like

many thanks Don - always appreciate your comments

Very nice photo - looks like you had a fun trip! Was it your first time to Alaska?

1 Like

what a spectacular image

1 Like

What an outstanding shot.

1 Like

Very nice…good work.

1 Like

I like the stop action and trailing water movement.

2 Likes

Yes Ken - it was my state number 50, and a great trip - glad you liked the image.

Thanks very much for your comments (and hopefully you know who you are as the software won’t let me mention more than two people in a post as I am a “new” member). What an interesting place to visit. Might be great to live there if 60 years younger but not now but we will be back.

That image made me smile Flick. The plane reminds me of a cartoon character (Thomas the Train).

1 Like

Very cool image …

1 Like

Nice work and shot. Fishing for Salmon in Alaska is on my bucket list.

1 Like

A year ago, we went to Alaska - it was our 50th state, too. An amazing place and I would like to see it in the winter but I doubt I could live there! Glad that it inspired a lot of nice artwork by you - but the forum seems to be limiting how many I can reply to for now.

2 Likes

Very interesting image Flick

1 Like

@FlickColeman I like this very much. It brings back memories of my trip there in 2012. If I am not mistaken that photo was taken on the Chena River at Fairbanks.

1 Like

Amazing capture & timing, the plane seems to pop off the page.

1 Like

Wonderful capture…succinct message.

1 Like

Now that’s the way to get around. Very nice photo.

1 Like