High resource use after batch processing completes

I have a relatively fast laptop with i7 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia RTX3060 6GB

When processing large batches in Photo AI (300-400 RAW files), Photo AI uses 30-60% CPU and 3-6GB RAM, which is fine.

However, at the end of processing the batch, when I click Close Window (to close the window showing all the files that were processed), Photo AI uses close to 100% CPU and the remaining RAM (22GB+) for about 1 minute. The window closes, but CPU usage remains above 75% and RAM usage above 12GB for several minutes after that. CPU uses then drops to 0, but RAM usage remains at 12GB+ indefinitely.

I have to close the program entirely to get it to release RAM resources.

Using Photo AI v 1.3.0

Thanks for reporting this. Next time this happens, can you send a screenshot of the Task Manager when you click Close Window so I can see Topaz Photo AI RAM usage?

Then go to the menu bar for Topaz Photo AI and click the Help > Open Log Folder menu option. Send me all the logs files that you can see in the window that opens to Dropbox.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

I should be able to determine what is happening and share this with my team so we can investigate this.