Heal Tool applied but TS2 Crashes when exporting Image

I recently discovered that when I apply the Heal Tool to an image and export in format jpg or png, TS2 (Version 2.3.1) crashes. TS2 did not crash however if I exported the image in TIFF format.

That’s not happening here, at least on JPG exports done immediately after using (and applying) the heal tool.

Maybe the source file format, its size, or some other process you are doing might be having an effect. Can you be more specific?

Win 10 on 3 machines, not experiencing that behavior.

In TS2 go to Help > Graphics Info and copy/paste into this thread.

Application & Version: Topaz Studio 2 Version 2.3.1
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 441.66
CPU RAM: 65340 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB Total, 6144 MB In Use
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Application & Version: Topaz Studio 2 Version 2.3.1

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon HD 6770
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.13397 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 15.200.1055.0
CPU RAM: 6135 MB
Video RAM: 1024 MB Total, 1533 MB In Use
Preview Limit: 4181 Pixels

I have no issues, exporting image as jpg or png when the Heal tool is not used.

When the Heal Tool included in the new version, I tried it immediately and had no issues.
I even saved a file as .ts2, closed the application and re-launched it but the problem still occurred.

I thought perhaps the compression speed might be an issue with png format and set it to normal speed. No luck with that setting, application crashed.

I just exported a “healed” image using tif. format - no issues with crashing.

@tantographics60

That looks to me like the amount of your system memory and video memory are below the minimum specified as required for Studio 2.

Hi: Yes I’m aware of the limitations of my system which hasn’t been an issue until now which includes using Looks (very memory intensive) or other features of TS2.

I could understand if using the heal tool then exporting image as a tif format also duplicated the problem but it’s only with jpg or png formats when the problem occurs. (btw - I’m able to use the Heal Tool in TS1 without any issues)

I have the exact same problem today when trying to export after using the heal tool, except my computer doesn’t crash. Nothing happens when I try to export, unless I export as a TIFF file.
Studio 2 Version 2.3.1
File size: 7.02MB 1920x1080 pixels
Windows 10 Home
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700
RAM: 16 GB
Operating System: 64-bit
Graphics Card: GTX 1080