Graffiti 0772, Lisbon

The first modern graffiti writer is widely considered to be Cornbread, a high school student from Philadelphia, who in 1967 started tagging city walls to get the attention of a girl. But it was only in the 1980s that galleries began to showcase graffiti as artwork. I thought long and hard about whether to sign my name to this image - but then, the photo is mine and I ran I it through Topaz Impression, Detail, Restyle, and Clarity - so yeah, there’s a bit of “me” in this rendering. If I knew the artist’s name I certainly would give credit. I have a few more of these to share so stay tuned…

6 Likes

I think it is obvious from your format that it is a photo of Graffiti and that your photo is copyrighted (unless your name is not Douglas)

I would like to know how you got your text onto the border of your image

1 Like

Yep, once and always “Douglas” - given to me by my loving Uncle Les upon his return from the Korean War. As for the text, I have a Photoshop Action that frames the image. I then simply add a text layer with my signature and image title. The copyright is another Photoshop Layer. The watermark is an embedded PNG file added as yet another layer. Last, everything gets flattened and saved as a JPG. Hope this helps.

Very striking mage and very nice processing!