Gladiolus

Well, I’m back. Won’t go into details but the latter half of 2016 into spring 2017 was one of the worst times of my life. Things just piled up and piled up, and well, I started seriously considering suicide.

However things are slowly getting better. Finally got a DSLR ! My son bought me a used Pentax K5 for my birthday a few months ago and I’m really enjoying it !

Hadn’t processed more than half a dozen pics the last year so it was almost like starting over. Used Clarity, Glow, and detail and added a touch of texture and crosshatch brush strokes.

14 Likes

I’m glad you’re feeling better.

Beautiful glads…nice processing also.

Yep, getting there Tennie.

Glad you like the pic !

1 Like

Super job and glad you’re back with us …

Thank you Bob, it’s good to be back. The work here continues to amaze me as always !

Glad you like the pic too.

Glad your back and to hear things are turning around for you. I don’t think you lost your touch with processing… this came out very beautiful. Looks like your new camera and getting back into processing has lifted your spirits. Keep up the great looking work!

1 Like

Thanks John, much appreciated.

And you’re right, getting back into photography and processing feels good.

1 Like

Great to see you back, and you obviously haven’t lost your touch … stunning result!

Thanks Don, much appreciated as always.

Glad to see you back and feeling better. Beautiful processing here.

Thanks Elle !

Great to see you back and I hope this is a much better year for you!

The flower capture is great and I really like your processing of it. Have fun with the new camera!

1 Like

beautifully processed

very beautiful result!

That’s a beauty! Glad to hear you’re doing better. Life is like a prize fight and sometimes we just have to roll with the punches and keep on fighting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ken, Peter, Sharon, Wayne.

Thank you all as well for the good wishes and comments on the flower, much appreciated.

1 Like

Splendid!

Thanks Rasmus !

Indeed it is nice to see you back. Love the photo and the processing.

Thanks XiaoLin, much appreciated.