Gigspixel won't process png files

When I try to process a png file in gigapixel, it goes through the motions, but has a message on the blank finished file, saying it doesn’t appear to support this type of file.

Do you think you could send us the image so we can take a look at it?

Thanks!

I cannot get any photo (PNG or JPG) with an embedded color profile of sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to output as a PNG; A.I. Gigapixel 3.0.3, crashes every time. If the original photo was saved without a color profile, it outputs to a PNG just fine.
I can get Gigapixel 3.0.3, with said color profile, to output as a JPG or TIFF without incident.
Gigapixel 3.0.3 can output a photo, that was saved as a TIFF, to a PNG, but the resulting PNG is stripped of its Color Profile. All this happens whether, the original photo was saved from Corel PhotoPaint, Photoshop CS3, or Afinity Photo. This happens whether “Use Deducted Graphics Processing” is checked or not checked.
Topaz Studio Ver: 3.0.3
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 417.71
CPU RAM (MB): 16241
VRAM [Total, Used] (MB): 6144, 5512
Preview Limit (Pixels): 7804
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 8.36 GB
Total Virtual Memory 31.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 19.7 GB
Page File Space 16.0 GB

In response to Margaret, try processing a PNG without an embedded color profile.

I will when I get back to my computer, Joe.

Thank you, Leslie. I’ll try that when I get home to my computer.

Sorry, Joe. My life is not my own. Here are a couple of pngs - a professional one I bought, and one of my own. For now, what I’m doing, which is not ideal, is allowing Gigapixel to process them as jpgs, then overlaying the original png and selecting the pixels. Doesn’t work if the edges aren’t 100% clear.

Thanks for your help, Joe.

Regards,

Margaret

I’m having the same problem. Gigapixel will not handle any png files. It processes then instantly crashes. My system has plenty of resources, both RAM and VRAM.

@Dushka

You didn’t provide any details of your system, or the source photos, but Gigapixel AI version 4.3.1 is able to resize png images here, both those with and without embedded color profiles, and that applies whether I set Convert File format to No, or to Yes, and then specify PNG with Fast Compression.

The upsized png images retain the Color profile (sRGB IEC61966-2.1) but do have the EXIF data stripped from them.

My system is Windows 10, 64 bit (1903), Intel i7 processor, 16GB RAM, GTX 1050ti 4GB graphics.

Typical source images
1800 x 1200 16 bit sRGB IEC61966-2.1 upsize by 6
4032 x 3024 8 bit sRGB IEC61966-2.1 upsize by 4

Gigapixel preferences
Process as background = No
Processing mode = GPU
Allowed graphics memory consumption = High
Use maximum quality AI models = Yes

This is how I got around png issues with Gigapixel.

Thanks, Margotd1. That solved it!

1 Like

I’m glad I could help!