Works in new macOS Sequoia beta! 2020 M1 MacBook Pro:

M2 Mac Mini, Ventura. Original web image and 4X output:

AA1o4VnY

Low res model preview:

Back to Recovery:

2 Likes

Samples have been uploaded.

1 Like

I’m not sure Low resolution v1 should have been banished to the Legacy models section quite yet. From my testing, it still handles fine detail significantly better than Low resolution v2. Example:

Low resolution v1

Low Resolution 1

Low resolution v2

Low Resolution 2

Perhaps we could have an option to add individual Legacy models back into the main pool rather than having to reveal all of them or none of them.

6 Likes

Another example, this time a close-up of some hair:

Low resolution 1

Low resolution 1 hair

Low Resolution 2

Low resolution 2 hair

I haven’t yet tested on landscapes but Low resolution v2 is pretty much useless for portraits.

3 Likes

Thank you Paul! We will take a look

1 Like

Question, we usually deploy gigapixel via intune and it seems that it doesn’t install properly recently with these versions, as the installer downloads files intune skips it - is there an offline version coming anytime soon to sort this issue?

Can you help drop 1 or 2 original images where v1 is much better than v2. We would like to investigate what is the cause. Thank you!
https://www.dropbox.com/request/BSlhpc6OaKjgMj2XEu6o

2 Likes

Wanted to add my two cents. Just upgraded from 7 to 7.2 and used it on about five test images that looked great in 7, but 7.2 has more noise, less detail, more artifacts, and the smoothing it does on low res faces is hyper aggressive.

It’s a real shame because I loved the previous version. I know I can use the v1 models in the 7.2, but if I’m just going to keep using the v1 models, why would I buy an upgrade?

I’ve asked for a refund and will stick with my old purchased version.

Done! Uploaded image is ‘Reference 07’ - Low resolution v2 blurs fine detail of hair throughout.

2 Likes

Using 7.2.0 Recovery on one of my AI renders.

Actual size:

youngteenorig

Gigapixel preview:

Gigapixel 6X render, viewed about 50% (please enlarge):

Gigapixel 6X render, viewed at 100% (please enlarge):

Gigapixel is a must when dealing with small AI renders!

2 Likes

incredible results, plugs!

3 Likes

Win 11 Pro desktop PC. Ps 2024 GAI 7.2.0 plugin (via File > Automate). Processor = AMD RX6800 XT.

Orig = Low res .jpg

After GAI Ps Plugin - ‘Quality’ Recovery Model, 2x Upscale (still .jpg)

• Recovered much more of the textural hair detail (as well as other details) and “crisped” up the type/text.

Was not speedy. I’m not seeing enough benefit to the ‘Speed’ version of Recovery. I need ‘Quality’s’ quality; but it takes quite a while even for a low res, <1K px longest edge, image to process with only a 2x upscale factor. I know I can’t afford a new computer system anytime soon… so this is the power I have to work with as a serious hobbyist with no biz equipment write-offs or clients to bill to cover the cost of new gear.

1 Like

Reminder: For those who need a renewal or a new purchase, there is a $20 off Gigapixel sale currently in progress, until Friday 6/14.

1 Like

I just extended my licence for another year - I really like the direction Gigapixel is going - particularly the recovery models, and hope to see this developed and refined even further. Perhaps, as @TPX mentioned, a high fidelity recovery model next? To make good images even better.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I extended my Gigapixel license for a year too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gotta get that $20 off deal!

1 Like

Today’s radical enhancement results using Recovery in Gigapixel 7, using 15-year-old 6MP, non-DSLR digital images (full frames reduced here for file size).

First up, a distant sailboat in Mexico. Cropped an area, did Recovery, then a second step through Photo AI for further enhancement:

Sticking with our ocean theme, a rock in the ocean at Laguna Beach CA:

Then off to the dry desert:

Recovery is a lot of fun and has great potential as we are able to use it both more quickly and on larger images.

4 Likes

Yes. It has produced wonderful results with the images I can use it for. I feel it almost gives them more of a 3D or more dimensional quality.

That said, I’ve only really experienced that with the ‘Quality’ model. And, that means I’m limited to only use Quality Recovery on <1K images with a max 2x upscale. Speed Recovery is indeed faster - but I don’t get desired Recovery results with it now.

I hope something can be developed for the Quality Recovery model to get the same processing duration I experience now, while running small, low res images, when running my more normal photos from a 21 mp mirrorless micro 4/3 camera (I don’t need medium format captures running at that speed).

1 Like

Great idea! :wink: There’s definitely something there.

Also, we’re honored. Exciting to see some momentum! We’re powering ahead to make the app better every single day. Cheers.

2 Likes

Definitely - we’re looking at more ways to make the power of the Recovery model more accessible. It’s a tough problem, but having the Speed model work on more machines is a step towards this.

However right now the Speed model generates less artifacts. We’re hoping to bring this improvement to the Quality model as well.

Cheers.

2 Likes