Gigapixel v6.3.3

Hello yuan.liang,
unfortunately there is no chat icon on the mentioned website. How can I contact Topaz support? You can also send me an email with an appropriate link or email address to sigmas-04duese@icloud.com.
I would appreciate a reply so that the problem can be solved.
Thanks a lot

I believe the chat function is only available during Topaz office hours. Since they are based on the West Coast of the United States, you have to factor in the time difference.

Is clearly there on the support page, of it isn’t business hours in US Central Time then send a email from that page after clicking on the icon…

Don is correct, my mistake. The chat icon is indeed there outside office hours. All you need to do is select the Ask option to send an email.
This is what it looks like in the web browser on a desktop:

Hello dear forum,
thank you very much for your help and the many tips how to reach the support. I was able to be helped.
The Intel graphics on my Mac mini 2018 is too weak for the default gigapixel settings. After setting AI Processor to CPU and Allowed momory… to Medium, Gigapixel is finally working again.
I am very happy about this.
Kind regards
Holger

3 Likes

@yuan.liang 633 Release Standard from Raw

is the 1x with face recovery fixed for 6.3 ?

it was bugged till 6.2 , only worked for 2x and higher

You should download and try it out or read the release notes in the first post on this thread.

Hi! I do not see any squares from my side. Can you help clarify what is your model selection, scaling factor, and parameters? Thank you!

At this point in time I get better results upscaling photos in TVAI or VEAI…

My images are exporting with SRGB colour space when they should be Adobe RGB. But I cant see where I can change this??

In the Save images preferences …

Going by the auto-setting in Gigapixel and TVAI (Proteus) the upscale result generated in TVAI is better.

What does GigaPixel have to do with TVAI? Please ex plain what upscale you are talking about.

I’m talking about both programs.

The upscale results I got in the above example in Gigapixel is not as good as in TVAI for the same source image.

That may be so but I suggest upscaling a video vs image is not really the same as some images are required to be printed with up to 30,000 pixels on the longest side.

I’d happily accept the 16.000 pixel limit in TVAI for a better quality upscale vs. Gigapixels sub-par results.

Obviously you don’t show what a complex image upscaled looks like. In any case the technology is the same, just uses different models.

Gigapixel:

TVAI:

Both: 400 % upscale

Complex enough? Was the William Shatner picture above not complex?

I see the difference in text upscaling there and this has been a perennial issue with GigaPixel. I guess if you need TVAI its a good option but for a photographer who may want DNG etc., it may not be the best option at the higher price. Anyway it is best for you because you are working with videos, things with fur and feathers that I use it for are good.

Also for street photos GigaPixel is satisfactory as TIFF/DNG is the preferred output with EXIF intact.