Gigapixel v6.3.3

Which Gigapixel model should I use to ensure the hair is also sharpened? Face restore only sharpens within a certain radius of the face.

Also, is Gigapixel being deprecated for Photo AI?

1 Like

It’s a small problem I know but it is a problem never the less.
I loaded a jpeg into Gigapixel 6.3.3 (stand alone version) to upscale and noticed a problem with it that i needed to fix in photoshop elements so i closed the jpeg in gigapixel edited the jpeg in photoshop elements and loaded the fixed version of the photo back into Gigapixel only to find that the problem i had fixed was back in the image being used by Gigapixel in other words it was presumably using the version of the jpeg that it still had in memory, by closing Gigapixel opening it again and reloading the jpeg i was able to upscale the latest version of the jpeg.
I have had a look at Denoise AI, Photo AI and Sharpen AI to see if they have the same problem only to find the same problem in Sharpen AI the other programs seem to be ok.

How can previous versions of Gigapixel be uninstalled? Unlike Sharpen, DeNoise, etc, the Gigapixel installations seem to lack an “uninstall.exe” program. This means that Windows Apps&Features is unable to uninstall them without this, nor can it be done manually.

I never noticed this but you’re right.

steps to recreate
Press Windows Key + R and type appwiz.cpl and click OK.

Scroll down to Topaz

Double click Gigapixel AI 6.2.2 (My current stable version actually installed is 6.3.3 so this entry might be from when uninstall was working and has since been broken?) and this error appears

I also just checked and a few of the other Topaz applications don’t have uninstall.exe files but their uninstall process still works for the few I tried.

If I wanted to uninstall Gigapixel or Gigapixel BETA I can’t at the moment

• OS Name : Microsoft Windows 11 Pro N
  • OS Version : 10.0.22621 N/A Build 22621
  • OS Manufacturer : Microsoft Corporation
  • OS Configuration : Standalone Workstation
  • OS Build Type : Multiprocessor Free
  • System Boot Time : 14/02/2023, 10:57:13
  • System Manufacturer : ASUS
  • System Model : System Product Name
  • System Type : x64-based PC
  • System Directory : C:\Windows\system32
  • System Locale : en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
  • Hotfix(s) : 4 Hotfix(s) Installed.,[01]: KB5022404,[02]: KB5012170,[03]: KB5022303,[04]: KB5020487
1 Like

This has been an ongoing issue. Just delete the Gigapixel folder in Windows Explorer. Then install a new version and it will have the uninstall file. I’ve done this without any problem. You can always use Glary utilities to clean the registry if needed.

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: DP Review of Upscaling Applications

Another way to get around this bug is to rename the file when you export it from photoshop elements. Maybe add _PE, or something like that.

When coming the new bêta or the new version ? Thanks

Is 6.3.3 the last version of Gigapixel? I mean, since Photo AI pretty much has everything that this version of Gigapixel has.

スクリーントーンとか、フキンの目なんかにも変な補正かかっておっかしいですよね。

Try using Art & CG model.

Hello yuan.liang,
unfortunately there is no chat icon on the mentioned website. How can I contact Topaz support? You can also send me an email with an appropriate link or email address to sigmas-04duese@icloud.com.
I would appreciate a reply so that the problem can be solved.
Thanks a lot

I believe the chat function is only available during Topaz office hours. Since they are based on the West Coast of the United States, you have to factor in the time difference.

Is clearly there on the support page, of it isn’t business hours in US Central Time then send a email from that page after clicking on the icon…

Don is correct, my mistake. The chat icon is indeed there outside office hours. All you need to do is select the Ask option to send an email.
This is what it looks like in the web browser on a desktop:

Hello dear forum,
thank you very much for your help and the many tips how to reach the support. I was able to be helped.
The Intel graphics on my Mac mini 2018 is too weak for the default gigapixel settings. After setting AI Processor to CPU and Allowed momory… to Medium, Gigapixel is finally working again.
I am very happy about this.
Kind regards
Holger

3 Likes

@yuan.liang 633 Release Standard from Raw

is the 1x with face recovery fixed for 6.3 ?

it was bugged till 6.2 , only worked for 2x and higher

You should download and try it out or read the release notes in the first post on this thread.

Hi! I do not see any squares from my side. Can you help clarify what is your model selection, scaling factor, and parameters? Thank you!