Gigapixel v6.1.0

I am suffering from a sleeping system too slow because Giga pixel v6.1.0 is using a wrong GPU !!!

The person you replied to is NOT a Topaz Labs employee, temper your language and do not threaten people here.

Have you selected the correct GPU in the preferences? Go to Help, Graphics info and press Copy then paste the info here.

Hello all,any news on the next update of this wonderful program?

2 Likes

23 posts were split to a new topic: GigaPixel vs?

Hi, I would like to try Gigapixel on 32bit .HDR images. These images are usually made with multi bracketed exposures so the .HDR captures the wide dynamics lighting of a location or scene. Then the .HDR images are used for lighting, reflections, and background plates for CGI 3D renderings. The .HDR images store the wide dynamic range in a 32bit file. So my questions is does Gigapixel v6.1 process such 32bit files ? As a photoshop plug-in can it operate in 32bit mode ?

thanks, Richard

1 Like

v6.1.0 seems to blowout the brightest highlights in places.

Specular highlights (wet surfaces) can become solid white blobs that look like paint splatter when they should be somewhat transparent to the background and contain some detail.

1 Like

Hello!
I tried to improve Avatar The last Airbender but all models provide unsatisfactory results:

Summary

What should I do wrong?
Can anybody give me some tips?
Original picture:

Summary

Some free software provides much better result (eg. REAL ESGan):

Summary

If it is a video use VEAI

Yes, it’s video, but VEAI results are much worse compared to Gigapixel. So that is why I tried to use Gigapixel but without success.