Gigapixel v5.7.3

One of the previous bugs have come backed under 5.7.3 again.

Under 5.7.3, I should enter “Width” in “Resize Mode” every time that I open the program because the previous value is not remembered by Gigapixel. For example, I enter the Max Width value at Resize Mode to 1080 pixels. I close the program and open it again, the previous width value was changed to 176 pixels and I should make it 1080 pixels again.

1 Like

^^^^^ This! It no longer saves settings between sessions. Would appreciate a fix!

Jim,

Which version of Ps are you using?

Did you check to be sure the Adobe Pref setting that enables 3rd party plugins didn’t change?

I’ve had settings change during s/w updates in the past…

Fotomaker,
v13 64bit, and I don’t see any third party setting?
Jim

I just assumed you meant Photoshop when you said plugin. V. 13 is not a familiar terminology for Ps (to me). Which program (host) are you using GAI as a plugin to?

Photoshop cs6 v13 64 bit

Hey Jim,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was in SF yesterday. And, out shooting today.

I could attach a snip of the Ps (2021) Preferences I have checked for Plugins. At least for now (knock on wood) my Topaz GAI plugin (File > Automate menu listing) is still there. I don’t know whether you have a similar Prefs category in CS6 to check. But I remember from times past (CS5 days) that I had to have certain Prefs checked on for all my plugins to show up properly. I hope your situation & use of GAI has resolved. Let me know if you want to see my prefs.

CS6 is not supported, that is probably a message from the previous versions plugins.

The Gigapixel AI Photoshop plugins only work on Photoshop CC 2017 and above.

1 Like

Thx for the info, Don.

Hello Alexander,

I just downloaded/installed GAI rel. 5.7.3 (full installer to Win 10 desktop PC).

A few comments to note:

1- The File > Automate plugin launches fine from Ps 2021 (22.4.2). I’ll let you know if diff. for Ps 2022 when I update on Monday (pray for me…).

2- There is a wording error that needs to be corrected in Prefs - under the Color Correction Tool Tip (“?”) - the wording was obviously lifted from DeNoise and mentions DeNoise - it should be fixed to read ‘Gigapixel’ in the GAI program.

3- GAI is suffering from the same bug problem as SAI. Specifically, there seems to be a Bug when in Comparison View with the upper left quadrant. In both GAI (& SAI) I find it impossible to change that upper left quadrant to a mode/model I desire and have it hold that model thenceforth (I’m invoking Shakespeare to calm myself…). There is certainly a bug in the code that affects that quadrant in comparison view - can the GAI & SAI teams pls troubleshoot and fix that? Thx!

1 Like

Updated GAI 5.7.2 to 5.7.3. No change was made for Photoshop 23.0.2 on MacOS 11.6. Plug-in still doesn’t show up in “Automate.”

I took back up and reset Photoshop prefs then GAI Plug-ins showed up. However, it doesn’t if I put my prefs back in. I’m troubleshooting by putting prefs subfolders one by one. I’ll report here if I could identify the responsible item(s).

1 Like

I’ve finally chased down the one. “PluginCache.psp” in “Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings” folder was responsible. I put every file and folder from my backup-ed prefs other than “PluginCache.psp” back to “Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings”, it’s all good now. If you 're suffering from the same issue, try this makeshift.

2 Likes

Thank you for figuring this out. Removing PluginCache.psp from the “~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings” folder solved this issue for me as well.

I have this same problem. I used to be able to select my photos in Apple Photos, right click and “Edit With” Topaz, and then after finishing my adjustments they would be saved over my original photos in Apple Photos. This doesn’t seem possible anymore. I tried “Save directory” as “Source” and “Custom” but neither does the old behavior. This is a big regression, can this be fixed?

1 Like

5.7.3 just freezes my Mac when it does anything (2.8Ghz Quad Core Intel i7 with 16GB Ram). I can’t swap windows or change apps. The models seem to take forever to update. Really not happy with this.

What about 5.4.4? The same quality? Which Sharpen AI version do you recommend?

Why is the viewport pixelated in recent versions? This was not the case in older versions. Not to mention the fact that in the old version the image turned out clearer.

Go to Help, Graphics info., then press Copy and paste the info here.

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.7.3

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004

Graphics Hardware: Radeon RX 580 Series

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.14761 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 21.10.2 30.0.13025.5005

CPU RAM: 16315 MB

Video RAM: 4096 MB

Preview Limit: 7130 Pixels