Gigapixel v5.7.3

So far I’m pleased with v5.7.3 on my Windows 10 PC There is one little annoyance -

How can I clear the Open Recent list (under File)? Will I have to delete the application and reinstall it every time I want to clear the list?

I have looked under Preferences but no joy. I’ve searched assorted program files but so far nothing shows up.

Why do you have to delete it?

:wink:

Can’t you just ignore it if you don’t want to re-open your images?

1 Like

Can’t have Client A sitting (or Zoom) next to me as I open files and they see a file related to Client B. Veeerrrry bad business move. Can’t take that chance. I MUST clear that list.

Yeah. I have some programs that provide the option to retain recent docs or clear them.

I usually have the inverse issue. I typically hate hunting to find what I recently worked on and want the list handy…

There’s actually a place on the Topaz Discussion Forum (it may be under Products or New Products) where you can suggest features & others can ‘vote’ them up if interested also to help developers decide if a common enough interest to prioritize. If I can find the link I’ll edit this to post & insert it for your convenience…

Found it! Here it is: Product Feature Requests - Topaz Discussion Forum

Thanks, I’ll head over there.

1 Like

Thanks again for the lead. Paul Coddington had the answer in this thread of mine:

1 Like

Cool! Glad trying that got you a usable answer.

For those who feel comfortable “messing” with the registry it’s helpful to know there’s a workaround.

Just an upvote on fixing the problem with comparison view. Right now, it’s impossible to compare Standard Model with Low Resolution model because only the upper left quadrant is selectable and the other 3 are ‘hard wired’. Thanks! [It works fine in the standalone version but not in the Photoshop plugin]

Hello there, is it possible to have a link to download Gigapixel 4.4.5 please?

Glenn -
On my Windows 10 box I can’t reproduce your issue. I can assign any method to any preview window. I select any preview window, then select a method, and window changes to that method while the others remain unchanged.

The exception is when the Original switch is active, then the upper left is stationary with the Original. The remaining three can be changed at will.

Stephane,

Isn’t there a link on the Product Releases page, under GAI?

There should be links for several releases there.

I just hopped over & see 5.4.5 is the oldest posted. Perhaps open a support ticket…

Hello dear Fotomaker, thank you very much for your concern, unfortunately, there’s no link for this version on the release page, the links begins with version 4.5.0, how can I open a support ticket please?

kind regards
stephane

Hi,

We just opened the presents that Santa left. So, perhaps, in my elation I’m missing something about where to open a support ticket. It seems the design of the Topaz site has changed.

I’d recommend you start on this page & choose the option to “Contact Us” (upper right). You should get a pop-out box (see lower right near what looks like a speech bubble to me…) that will let you send a note to Topaz staff. See my snip of how it looks:

A few thoughts

If the Topaz staff are off for the holidays (today is Christmas) and some companies shut down or do limited work the week b/wn Xmas and New Years - you may not hear back right away b/c of the holiday schedule. I can’t tell you what it is there.

Be sure you include any relevant info in the note at the site I pointed out above so you can get a useful reply ASAP. That means include info like your OS so they can link you to a correct installer. And, just to be pre-emptive (and anticipate a question I know I’d ask if I were them) mention why you want to go back to that pretty long ago version. I don’t need to know. But, as a s/w company, they might be interested to know your motivation(s).

BTW, I would be interested to know which OS you’re running (Win which one? Apple which one?).

Yes, Glenn. I have the same “issue”.

( @taylor.bishop ) (@alexander.zhang )

On my Win 10 PC. Using Ps 2022 as my appln host (Automate > GAI) for the GAI 5.7.3 rel. plugin.

I can Only change the upper left quadrant

The other 3 quadrants are unchangeable when I click on them then try to click on another model in the righthand Settings Panel to swap in a different GAI model.

I have my Preferences set to auto-download any models I don’t already have downloaded.

This is not the way my plugin worked in previous releases. In past, I could change any/all models (in Comparison View) to desired upscaling models.

Also, prior to the most recent several releases (for all the current AI products) I never had the issue (Standalone & Plugins) of getting an initial view with duplicate models showing up in multiple quadrants. The older programs displayed a discrete model in each quadrant. Which was how it should be (& is preferable); with the option to customize as desired.

Dear Fotomaker,

I have an old Os and computer HP Elite BX383AV:
Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.3.2
Operating System: Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: SP 1)
Graphics Hardware: NVS 300/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0
CPU RAM: 16342 MB
Video RAM: 512 MB
Preview Limit: -2147483648 Pixels

I tried Gigapixel version 5.6.1 and have strange colored artefacts in some pictures,
I’m quite satisfied with 5.3.2 version, but heard in some posts that many users recommend
version 4.4.5, so I wanted to give it a try and compare the results with my old computer,
It’s the main reason (and secondary the treatment speed of image also)

Kind regards
Stephane

1 Like

Good luck. Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:t2:

Pls. send the info you included just above at the Spt site I pointed you to. It should be helpful to the developers. I’m “just” a user. Like you.

I’m also a hoarder. That’s why I asked which OS. I’m a Win user also. But Win 10. I have the online installer for the version you seek. I attempted to upload it. But it’s not a file format I can upload to this discussion forum. The Topaz folks will be able to send you the link directly. They’re very nice.

Thank you very much for your kindness and your concern :grin:
also for your attempt to download the installer, so I wait for team Topaz
with my request.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Seems that there is mixed experience here. Interesting that you don’t have the issue but others of us [Fotomaker] do. I’m on Windows 11 and you are on 10, but I doubt that’s behind this. Are you using the plugin? The problem doesn’t occur for me in the standalone version of GP, only the Photoshop plugin: whether I have the top-left set to original or not, I am unable to change the other three quadrants…

Hello Glenn -
Works as LR6 (desktop) plugin or stand alone. Haven’t been able to load into Affinity Photo or Luminar 4 yet, I’ll have to dig into why it doesn’t install.

When using v5.7.3 on Windows 11 it always crashes when I turn on “Face Refinement”

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.7.3
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 472.84
CPU RAM: 32605 MB
Video RAM: 6144 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels