Gigapixel v5.5.2

I did remind that i just could switch it on and only get a preview in the tiny window above.

There are sliders but only for the legacy denoising.

Maybe i should use Photo 4 again, but i did test Pure Raw this week and color noise, for example, it did just smear it away. As you would set the color noise slider in denoise to 100%. And it does left this harsh grain in the whole picture.

With my respect, I don’t think Capture One denoise give similar result as DXO DeepPRIME.

Here is a comparison between Capture One 21 vs DXO PhotoLab 4.
Both of them process the same Raw File using Default setting.

You can download the original RAW file from Dpreview.
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image-comparison/download-image?s3Key=2bcee69d7ab34431bb28120b502fc950.arw

Just in case some may interest,
I also add Denoise AI to the comparison above .
RAW file is open in PS and Denoise AI was set to Low Light Mode (auto).

1 Like

Also will not install on my Big Sur.

: Should clarify - the autoupdater was not working. I clicked the link at the top of this post, ran the downloaded file and it started up.

Color is messed up in mine, png the whole way through. Just took a screenshot of a video to test standard and low res modes, high memory mode. Neither fp16/32 nor cpu/gpu makes a difference. The Windows thumbnails look normal, but when I open them in irfanview it looks weird. Never happened before this version. Detail is good, otherwise. It’s not letting me put images here in my post.

DeepPRIME wins!

2 Likes

Pure RAW is meant to be set and forget. But DXO PhotoLab is far from that. Its probably the best RAW converter on the market. It has few big disadvantages in terms of supporting only RAW files of certain brands and camera models/lenses, but when it works it works because its optimized for it. There are so many options and features in the program and workflow options its not even funny. Its powerful tool, but evidently not for all users.

Same for me. It’s doing something weird to the color profiles when saving the processed file as .jpg…

Make sure that if you save as JPEG/JPG you use sRGB as the profile:

2 Likes

5.5 crashes for me. Mojave. I can open an image, adjust some settings, hit update to preview and it’s fine. Adjust some settings and press update again and it crashes.

Taylor Bishop has a link to a beta version for folks running High Sierra and Mojave who were having the crashing issues. It’s worked for several of us. The post is about 33 comments above yours. I’ll try to link to that post: Gigapixel v5.5.2 - #142 by taylor.bishop

Cropping issue - when using GPU (Nvidia RTX2080 8gb with latest studio driver) cropped pictures don’t save unless both top and left have been cropped. Any other combination that doesn’t include both of those seems to process but no file is generated. This is using the “free” cropping mode (standalone version of the software, Win10). Works fine if using CPU.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that’s the version I’m using.

1 Like

This is terrible. The downloading takes FOREVER in busy times. That is worthless to me. Then I realize it reverted to CPU instead of m,y 3090. Still slow with all this loading stuff. On top of that the image colors are terrible. Its almost like black and white but with a tad bit of color. I am tired of this “install the update and pray” you have ruined my workflow. Can I go backwards?

Jay, you can install the previous version. In the program, go to the Help Menu (on a Mac), scroll down to Changelog, and it’ll take you to a webpage with all the previous product releases. :slight_smile:

@itunes663

Ah OK, yes indeed, had to look at it again more closely.

Especially concerning the colors it has a big advantage.

I have adjusted both programs a bit.

DSC00607_DxO_0001_C1-Beta
C1-21

DSC00607_DxO_0003_DXO%20PL4
DxO

Still, Photolab 4 doesn’t have a real-time display while editing, but when you move a slider, the image is blurred and you can’t evaluate what you’re doing.

In addition, Deep Prime is only displayed in a tiny window, but I have to evaluate many different areas of the image.

Of course it always depends on your own workflow. For me C1 is the right choice, it is very fast (except when importing images) and I come in a short time to a result and can evaluate everything I do. And I have all the tools that a real image editing software needs.

And with Denoise AI I get comparable values to Deep Prime.

C1 + Denoise LL

DxO

C1 + Denoise LL

DxO

C1

DxO

1 Like

It will not be funny if you look into the options and features offered by RawTherapee. It dwarfs anything else in this respect. I’m not saying it’s the best, but it’s very potent.

Yes, indeed. However, there is such a thing as too many features. Its like 3D LUT creator pro. Amazingly powerful program, with tones of features but not very user friendly for working with it, which is important. RawTherapee seems to be similar. Tones of power and features, but at the expense of usability for many users. Finding the healthy balance is important.

Thank you for the link, it worked fine. I appreciate your reactivity.

To me DXO one looks more natural.

1 Like