Gigapixel v5.5.2

In my experience, the power supply is not suitable because it is not of suitable quality, thats why the pc goes off.

Topaz AI software draws a lot of power.

I would recommend a Bequiet. Dark Power Pro 12 1500W

You have an extreme system, so you also need a suitable quality power supply.

I’ve the 1200W Pro 12, two RTX 5000 and a Threadripper 3960X + 128 GB ECC Ram.

It is about the current peaks, it may be that the power supply can not deliver here.

But still try the current Studio driver first.

Did you read my post correctly?

2000 (two thousand) Watts.

And Superflower is up there right at the top, used for high end systems like mine. (I also have corsair psu in other machines, but they only go to 1500w)

And I also mentioned I do heavy 3d rendering that draws huge power for those two monster gpus and never black or blue screens

I also have the latest Nvidia drivers.

Jupp, but that means nothing.

Try the Studio Driver then come back.

Each of my RTX 5000 goes up to 111% power and 80° with Topaz Labs software.

When rendering, it’s 72° and 100% power.

__
__
The Be Quiet 1500W does 250 Ampere @ 12 Volt
The Sunperflower 2000W does 166 Ampere @ 12 Volt.

So i still think its the PSU.

I think it’s the software.

Ask @viktorz3008.

Hi Viktorz, Problem starts here and i think its the PSU.

That’s an 80 Plus Platinum PS.

What do you mean by “In my experience,” have you tried that actual power supply with Topaz products and had it not work?

It’s not so easy to just buy / try a new top rated PS in 2021 (and probably 2022) because, like GPU’s and PS5’s, there are not enough available to satisfy demand, so they are unavailable everywhere, except when they go on sale for anywhere from 3X to 6X the cost, and even then disappear quickly.

2021 is probably going to go down as the worst year on record, ever, for purchasing electronics.

This sounds like a driver issue. What GPU driver are you on?

My psu died last week because I had operated the switch of my connector strip with the foot unclean.

This caused an overvoltage.

400€ damage. Normally you get that for 250€.

My second Monitor died yesterday. 390€ (inexpensive).

The Smartphone of my Girlfriend died today.

Luck is not with us right now.

The Be quiet 1500W supply is rated for 40A each on four outputs and 45A on one output for a total of 205 A. However, power supplies can not produce all the amps on all outputs at once and are limited to the 1500W rating. When taking into account the loads on other outputs 5V and 3.3V, the 12V output will be reduce even further. I would expect that the 12 output (all together) would be limited to around 1200W or 100A. Many of the modern PSUs derive their +5V and +3.3V outputs from the 12V rail so any over current condition on it will drop the voltage on these rails as well and could cause errors in memory, CPU or GPU.

I think you may be correct that there is some over current condition but I doubt that the Be Quiet supply would solve it. Removing some of the load such as using only one GPU for Topaz products would most likely be the answer if this is true.

The Super flower 2000W supply appears more capable with around 1850W available on the +12V which is rated for 166A. A Tech Power up review showed that this supply could do 2200W so the 166A rating could apply. Not all the +12V output goes to the GPUs. I have a concern that the internals look like there are two converters and if these each produce half of the 12V output then using cables from only one will cut the amperage in half. The user with high loads must be careful to use cables from both outputs. In both cases the output 12V connectors may be more than the GPUs have input connectors.

Of the two supplies the Super Flower is by far the better one for high power use.
Review: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 2000 W Review | TechPowerUp

I figured it out, sorry for not editing my old post. 3000 series GPUs really peak 400+ watts. And for my case 2 GPUs peaked at the same time that caused OCP to be triggered. Now some people will understand why Quadro is more expensive and better in these kinda jobs. But my budget was limited, so I could only get 3090. Maybe someday I would sell them and buy Quadro cards instead.

Solution:
I had to reduce the power limit of the cards using MSI afterburner and undervoltage to stop the peaks. It works great at 330W max each card. As I tested, VEAI runs a bit slower, around 5% or less. But since I prefer stability, this is not bad at all. I’m ordering 1600W PSU and I hope it will work great. Still, I prefer buying Quadro cards if you don’t care about budget. I don’t play games, so Geforce cards are not my concern. But I’ll get what I could at this time.

Okay… here is an update…

I gave up on GPU and went back to CPU and it blackscreened during trying to Scale a 61Mb PNG file (my test all along)…

So, for me, this isn’t working at all, because my previous version of Giga, WAS working on CPU (for this very 61Mb PNG), so I know something isn’t right here with this particular new version of Giga.

So I’m downloading previous versions of GigaPixel and will retry first CPU and then if that works GPU.

This, in my opinion has NOTHING to do with PSU - loads didn’t even get to 600w (and I’ve seen my loads be as high as 1100w under heavy rendering).

Also, I’d already downloaded the very latest NVidia drivers and tried those, even though I was on the last but one driver for my GPU, so only a few weeks old. Drivers (of course, now because I tried CPU and it failed) don’t appear to be the issue (and for completeness, at the time of testing GPU, I tried both Game and Studio versions).

So… I guess Beta testing here I come…

The Be quiet has 6x 12V outputs.

4x 40 + 2x 45

And you can run it as Single and Multi Rail.

And has also two transformers.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1922

But yes roughly speaking the Super Flower has more wattage.

Okay, I went back to version 5.4.5 and GigaPixel is working correctly for me again.

I also upped the settings to make better use of GPU memory and it processed even faster (I don’t normally play around with settings).

Power consumption was around 500w…

So to repeat here, 5.5.2 does NOT work for me, in either GPU or CPU. It causes my computer to either Bluescreen or Blackscreen whether I’m using GPU or CPU.

So I was right, it is the software… (no need for me to change the PSU, and no need for me to purchase ultra high price Quadro cards…).

Thank you.

5.4.5 does not make use of Dual GPUs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/kxbf7s/rtx_3090_shuts_off_under_load/

Update:

Seen in EVGA forum.

SuperFlower has received several reports about 30 Series GPU failure which may be caused by its PSU, and SuperFlower is investigating now.

https://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3136272

Here too.

PSU failure RTX 30 Series.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/423512/random-black-screen-crashes-rtx-3080/?topicPage=2

“only get 3090” lol :wink:

I just want to update my old posts about my PSU. I just did an RMA with Corsair on my HX1200 and the new PSU arrived today. I tested the new one with 100% power at stock, no adjustments. Fortunately, it worked perfectly with 25% less power draw from the power source. I have a Kill A Watt meter and it really showed 900W with my old HX1200 (2019 model). Then the new HX1200 (2021 model) reduced my PC total power draw from 900W to 650-700W. Amazing. If you have any kind of problem like I had, please consider RMA your PSU and get a new one. You will save a lot of money and your PC components life span. I believe PSU brands did some upgrades for the current products to handle Nvidia 3000 Geforce series.

Did you read the bit where I said it black-screened using CPU?

What’s your ram stick and bus speed? Also what’s your CPU and motherboard?