Gigapixel v5.5.2

not sure if the models itself are not broken. i downloaded ALL of them the latest update and since that the program does not work. before it got stuck on download.

It does download the optimized models, I don’t want the 25GB of all models as the optimized ones are all that are selected if you download all.

The 2% does remain as that for the whole download but, for me, they take about 30 seconds to download.

in my case it crashes the program if i download them normally. again in previous versions this was not a problem

Check if you accidentally disabled model downloading in your preferences, that could cause a crash if left on.

nope its on. now the software does not crash just outputs black images.

i just got gigalpixel AI update 5.5.0 pay an update license for all my products. today gigapixel stop working with this update. come here and few advices i get are helpful. contact support about 4 hours and nothing. if i am going to risk to have the software stop working on each random update i will not purchase an update license anymore. i thought they will deeply test this patches before release them but apparently no. we pay to get the joy of becoming late beta testers.

2 Likes

You have posted a support request so they usually reply within 24-48 hours on working days.

In the meantime, if you are in a hurry you can download and use the previous version from the Product Release section on this Forum.

not on a hurry per se but i do know its not my problem. 1 year ago i got an update that as well let me a week without the software untill i managed to downgrade. the fix was applied like 2 updates later. so i will revert back and will wait for 5.5.1 or higher

2 Likes

Out of the box CPU/GPU results are identical on the optimised models but, if you delete the optimised models and turn off downloading of models in the settings (may also require a restart of Gigapixel to load the right models), the CPU/GPU option does basically nothing and it reverts to the models shipped in the installer which has much sharper results but similarly takes longer to process.

Since quality matters more than speed to me, I won’t be running any of the optimised downloaded models yet. It’s akin to the quality difference between CPU/GPU on older Gigapixel versions.

Example using a sample from the Gigapixel homepage:
Standard model 4x
Standard optimised (downloaded) model 4x

PS. That said, there were some (quite minor) improvements to these ‘non-optimised’ models as well, so overall still an improvement over older versions of Gigapixel.

3 Likes

wow thanks! My results were very blurry. Now are fixed!

Disable downloading does not work here. It is still loading AI Models. :neutral_face:

That’s because it’s still using the models that you’ve already downloaded before disabling said option.

Your best bet would be to navigate to “C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI BETA\tgrc” and delete/move to a different folder all the: “-ox.tz”, “-ov.tz” and “-tf.tz” files present in there, in order to force the program to use the legacy models instead.

I deleted the entire tgrc folder on program files and reinstalled Gigapixel. Now my results are sharper again.

I succeeded to download all models from the link posted here (14 Go), I extracted all *tf.tz
I did an upscale (GAI 5.5) with strictly same settings than upscales done with :

• GAI the last beta before the release of 5.5 (the same models are used for the release) with *-ov.tz models only.
  • GAI 5.5 with *-ov.tz models only .

On my side, ov.tz models work better. Most of the time, edges are sharper, no blurriness.
However, sometimes, in some areas, tf.tz work better. But it’s just sometimes.

Strange this folder C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\ is empty!

If you go to Help > File Logging > Open Log folder, where does that take you?

It directs me to C:/Username/Topaz Gigapixel/Logs. It is full of log files.

That’s odd… Is there a tgrc subfolder inside the main directory i.e. “C:/Username/Topaz Gigapixel/tgrc” by any chance?

1 Like

yes i found that folder

Good. Now make sure to disable model downloading first then close gigapixel before deleting the -ox.tz”, “-ov.tz” and/or “-tf.tz” files.

1 Like