Gigapixel v5.4.5

I use all my Topaz Apps (with the exception of Gigapixel AI and JPEG to RAW AI) as plugins, and up until now I’ve only ever run Gigapixel AI in stand alone mode. This is the first time I have linked it as an external editor, and I expected it to work in the same manner as Affinity Photo, Imaging Edge etc do when they are run as external editors. They give the option to export to a location, filename and file format of choice. JPEG to RAW AI of course doesn’t overwrite the source file as it changes the format.

So the Topaz AI apps when linked as external editors (not plugins) do without warning overwrite the source file. I know that now. I still believe this is an unnecessarily dangerous approach and have raised a support ticket.

For the moment I have un-linked Gigapixel AI as an external editor , and will continue to use it in free standing mode.

1 Like

I’m going to have to roll back to the previous version, as the photoshop plug-in no longer functions and I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps. The problem is on the gigapixel side, and multiple fresh installations didn’t help either. It worked fine with the previous version. When they fix this, i’ll update it again. But I need that photoshop functionality and that’s more important than having the latest version.

I hope you fix it soon, it shouldn’t be that hard. Its a scripting issue I assume, maybe forgot to change a filename within the plugin script.

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting the PS plugin issue on Windows. I’ve been able to reproduce it locally and will have a fix out early next week.

3 Likes

Hi Johan,

Can you send me your logs?

The update downloaded and installed pretty quickly on my MacBook Pro running Big Sur. I tested on an old JPEG upscaling X2. No problem sending from ON1 Photo RAW 2021 and the copied file was returned to its original location. Interestingly when I looked at it within ON1’s browse module there was no indication of the new pixel size, although the size in megabytes had been updated. In edit view there was no such anomaly. I am assuming this is an ON1 issue and not something for Topaz. I’ll raise it with their support people.

I converted the same JPEG using Gigapixel in standalone mode and it affixed the correct suffix. Whilst the converted files look the same to my eyes, the standalone version is slightly smaller in terms of bytes.

Hi Anthony,

What version of Windows are you using?

Windows 10 20H2 with the very latest updates.

I tried that but the installation said I already had a version on there and I would need to uninstall it. I looked at my apps and decided it would be easier to roll back to 5.3.2 than to mess around to get 5.4.0 working.

You’ll need to download and install the Microsoft redistributable: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe did it for me.

Just up dated to v5.4 works OK as standalone but will not run in Photoshop 2021
are you looking to fix this ASAP

I understand that but (no offense intended) since I was upgrading from the prior version, I shouldn’t have to, or the upgrade process should include the needed files without giving me an error message leaving me to have to try to figure out how to fix it.

1 Like

The next update will have this built into the application.

2 Likes

We’ll have another update out later today that fixes the Photoshop plugin issue on Windows.

1 Like

Thanks looking forward to it

1 Like

@taylor.bishop Updated without any issues, but your release date is wrong

5.4.1 downloaded and installed OK on my Windows 10 PC. Still not working from Photoshop and still not adding prefix or suffix.

It sounds like you need to do a full reinstall. Delete the Topaz Gigapixel AI installation directory, then use the full installer at the top of this page.

Let me know if you still have issues after that. Thanks!

Have reinstalled now. No change I’m afraid.

Can you send me your logs?