Gigapixel v5.3.2

Off:
I love Topaz Studio 2, but no developing months ago. I don’t know why, because very impressive, and include many functions. I often use this for a few specially photo effects. I waiting when will release new version from this.

1 Like

Images that I have previously opened with Fit to View now won’t let me zoom past 50%. One example is the image for tutorial 4 - it seems anything over a certain size now has this restriction.

1 Like

That is not the case for me on the tutorial image

but updating this post because it did occur on the next RAW file I opened

Once I cropped it, Zoom to Fit was again available.

1 Like

Having read Linda’s post above I did a bit more experimenting. If I crop the image slightly then I can use the zoom slider to zoom out much further:

but the scroll wheel still won’t let me zoom past 50% and “Zoom to Fit” is still greyed out.

Hello, I use the gigapixel for sharpening.

Process in pictures below: image processed with Denoise AI with default autodetect settings, then it is 2x magnified in gigapixel, and then restored back to 1x size. The second picture is only Denoise AI processed.

The Sharpen AI cannot achieve anything like this by a wide margin!

The question: would it be possible to add this sharpening feature to gigapixel AI? What I mean is a preview panel that would show side-by-side results just like in these pictures.

Thanks for you consideration!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OALnmn3tYHkiRvUek_AWbVhbroDBcztD/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zkudqq5hOAgGMP9XSKtkiBp2ki2eZX63/view?usp=sharing

-anssi

When Gigapixal AI will support WebP, JPG XR, JPG2000 format ?

Paul, I was just able to do Zoom to Fit then zoom to 50% & 100%. Rel. 5.3.0 - Ps 2021 plugin Win 10.

That said, it takes 10 yrs for a single Preview to process on Fit to Zoom. Which is really frustrating, an amt of time I can’t wait for to do image processing & a bummer b/c that’s a View I want to use virtually every time I use GAI.

Also - not for you, Paul, but to whomever is watching this from Topaz - I get virtually the same experience with GAI that I got with MAI (beta). If I make a bunch of adjustments in the curr. rel. of GAI, decide I don’t want to accept them and Cancel to return to Photoshop (I only use my products as plugins…) I get a msg box indicating GAI is not fully releasing the image back to Ps. I must hit ESC to make the msg box go away. At least (unlike the MAI experience) it isn’t crashing when I hit ESC… Snip of what I see:

Whether or not I can zoom past 50% seems to depend on the size of the input image, but I haven’t yet pinned down the actual cut-off point. However, there are definitely images that the last beta will happily display at “Zoom to Fit” but which the latest production release won’t - at least until I crop them as per my previous post.

2 Likes

Not really sure I believe what I’ve just seen, but I’ll try and explain it anyway. After replying to Fotomaker’s post I tried using Gigapixel as a plug-in (I rarely use it that way except when testing) and came across the same problem. I tried it on one image only. Afterwards when I tried it as a standalone it worked as expected (i.e. as it should) on every image I tried. Returning to using it as a PS plug-in on the same image as used in the first attempt showed it working properly. Go figure!

2 Likes

Please, get rid of the new screen that appears when the image is processing and after. The user then has to take the extra step of dismissing it AND it doesn’t appear professional. Go back to how it was before.

Please add the ability to decline or modify the ‘cropped’ suffix. For example, I use 'X" when I scale a photo. I’d like to use, say, ‘c’ for cropped.

Maybe that’s why I like the plugins. They’re unpredictable… so life is always an adventure. :wink:

I have been using a combination of Gigapixel AI and Topaz Studio 2>AI Clear to prepare my older film scans and lower-res digital photos for use on Fine Art America and Redbubble.

Here’s an example of a portion of a 2005 Bryce 7 render in .pct format (shown here actual size and while being processed in Studio 2). Amazing results and very helpful for this purpose. My older images stand up to extreme pixel-peeping!

bryceorig

I have been using a combination of Gigapixel AI and Topaz Studio 2>AI Clear to prepare my older film scans and lower-res digital photos for use on Fine Art America and Redbubble.

Here’s an example of a portion of a 2005 Bryce 7 render in .pct format (shown here actual size and while being processed in Studio 2 after 6X enlargement). Amazing results and very helpful for this purpose. My older images stand up to extreme pixel-peeping!

bryceorig

2 Likes

very nice effect. good to know we can be artistic as well as functional with gai!

Now we can enlarge ANY style!

1 Like

Could you please be more specific? I just ran a couple of images through 5.3.0 and can not determine what screen you are referring to that needs to be dismissed.

AI Clear has been a brilliant filter from the get-go and I too often use it in combination with Gpxl. I find it does work differently in Topaz Studio 2 than it does in DeNoise. In fact IMHO it belongs in SharpenAI too.

He may be talking about the “joke text panel” on the right that I mentioned. (“Firing neural synapses”, etc.)

Gets old pretty fast! :stuck_out_tongue:

I said Luminar earlier but it’s Photolemur where this joke text comes from. See the screenshot here (“Doing magic…”).