Gigapixel v5.1.5

for me, as long as i dont use “Face Refinement”, “Auto-detect Settings”, and use “Use recommended option” in settings, it works for me, otherwise, it freezes at 2% preview

Please go to Help-> Graphics info., press Copy and paste the info here. Doesn’t matter which version you are using.

I found this problem. When the face refinement is turned on, the program is stuck at 2% progress

Can you please go to Help-> Graphics info., press Copy and paste the info here. Also look at your preferences and post a screenshot or just say what they are … mine is:

As you can see Face Refinement isn’t an issue with GPU (mine is GTX1050/4GB):

4 posts were split to a new topic: GigaPixel or Video Enhance AI

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: GigaPixel or Video Enhance AI

Hi all,

I’ve updated the post at the top of this page with instructions on how to fix the crashing issue in this version. We upgraded one of our 3rd-party libraries in this version which is causing the majority of crashes. This is due to out-of-date NVidia drivers, or using the Studio Ready instead of Game Ready driver.

We’ll have an update out in the next few days that will prevent the crashing, but you may still run into issues with face detection in particular if your drivers are out of date. If you’d like to skip all of this and revert back, you can find the 5.1.4 installer here.

Hi ggroves,

Can you send me a screenshot of the issue? Nothing changed in the UI in this update that would affect this.

Gigapixel not working on 5.1.5. Bummer. Should have left it be…

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.1.5

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 452.06

CPU RAM: 130945 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 6636 Pixels

I seem to be having the same issue with the latest update as other people. If I drag a file into Gigapixel it just freezes before it shows a preview and I can’t click anything in the app. If I use the Photoshop plugin I do see the preview, but it sticks at 2% for a while before crashing.

Please go to Help-> Graphics info., press Copy and paste the info here.

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 445.75

CPU RAM: 32702 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 7509 Pixels

Try updating your NVIDIA driver to the Game Ready Driver, v452.06 from thr NVIDIA website to see if that makes a difference.

Same problem…

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

CPU RAM: 16339 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 7747 Pixels

New driver fix problem only on old graphic card like GTX 9x0/10x0, new graphic card like RTX 20x0/30x0 and castrated GTX 16x0 has crashed and need to be fix on 5.1.6.

1 Like

Hi, not seen the minor issues I have listed as fixed in any of the notes since the beta, so I hope it’s appropriate to post what I found there, that’s possibly still in the later versions?

Is it just accepted that drag’n’drop never works the first time, but does after restarting GAI, every time it’s reinstalled? Ditto SAI?

I cannot select OpenVino when I used to be able to on 5.0.4.0 - which was the last version I spent time on, only just got the beta, so I’m a bit behind.

Exporting crashes out to the desktop after a few seconds - no error messages - when I turn off GPU processing, when I’d previously used CPU with OpenVino, although it could have been wrongly reporting that it was using it before, I guess?

I have other notes, but if they should go somewhere else, they can wait. Yes, Windows 7… :wink:

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI BETA Version 5.1.0.2b
Operating System: Windows 7 SP 1 (6.1)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2
CPU RAM: 12279 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 4776 Pixels

That is correct if the application is started using the option to run from the installer first. If you unclick the Run option on the installer, exit and restart from the desktop this won’t happen.

You should have logs available if logging is turned on from the Help menu. Submit those to support or upload to this thread. You will need to change the extension to TXT though.

Note it may be more difficult because Win 7 is unsupported.

So you actually reverted to the production version from your beta driver and the error was still happening in your case?

is there a specific page where we can ask for feature requests?

Example: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Would be awesome if we can edit the scaling name structure just like we can for suffix. I like keeping my file names simple and short so I want to edit “-scale-6_00x” to “-6x” .
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
This would be nice to have.

Raise a new thread in Topaz Products, Product Feature Requests and don’t forget to click on the vote box.