Gigapixel AI v4.6

I’ve tested all the different combinations of CPU and GPU going back to the beginning of version 4, and yes they work together, and having both on at the same time provides the fastest processing times.

In the preferences BOTH are selected, click on Use recommended settings and it will re-calibrate the next time you Update the preview.

Do as I suggested in the post above.

AiDon, I did. If you watch the complete video you see that I did what you told me. Whatever option I choose, when GP finished calibrating and I looked into the settings again they were RESET to both CPU+GPU. Please watch the complete video. That’s what I made it for. Thanks for your help. :smiley:

Here is the part you asked me for:

Don,

Perhaps you missed the point. This is nothing new.

Using both together not only works, but it’s faster than either one alone.

If I upscale a image 2x and then again upscale it 2x it adds more details as compared to if I directly upscale to 4x. But with some images there is artifact’s and too much sharpening like hairs.

Do you know if they have fixed the horizontal banding issues when GPU + max AI model is used?

What’s the best setting right now?

After a very frustrating day yesterday I finally managed to get GigaPixel 4.6.0 installed … only to find out that drag-and-drop does not work at all. I used to be able to search for all files with desired properties and then drag-and-drop the search results and there is no practical way to duplicate that with file|open.

So now I’m going to see if I can find a way to go back to 4.4.6. That version was easy to crash but it makes up for it a little bit with the ability to get rid of the preview window and the way it does not screw around with your settings every time you add a batch of files like 4.5.0 did.

Drag and drop works on my system in 4.6. I just had to close the program after install, and then reopen it again before drag and drop would work.

when using max quality AI mode I often get extra pixel pattern that mind me of an floyd-steinberg algorhythm. same as in older versions.

I closed and restarted the program several times and it did not help. I went back to 4.5.0 and was able to drag-and-drop … and then the “Start batch” button wouldn’t work.

Wish I could find a way to go back to the version I trialed on Feb 18.

GigaPixel resets the settings after calibration. I think this has not happen in the 4.4.5 version. But the issues mentioned regarding the blurry results were the same.

I am getting the error " Nvidia OpenGL error 3

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi @xsquad_uk

For fear of asking the obvious but does your video card meet the minimum specifications for using Topaz AI programs?

Looking up the error you report as a general search it relates to a missing or damaged driver. So please post what you video card model is and if you are a Windows user run DXdiag and copy the report and paste it here.

My specs are the following :

“NVIDIA Quadro FX 380 LP
Video Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 380 LP (p690)
Video Chipset: NVIDIA Quadro FX 380 LP
Video Chipset Codename: Q10E-1L/GT218
Video Memory: 512 MBytes of DDR3 SDRAM [Hynix]
Bus Type: PCIe v2.0 x16 (5.0 GT/s) @ x16 (5.0 GT/s)
Video BIOS Version: 70.18.4d.00.13
Video Chipset Revision: A2
Memory Bus Width: 64-bit
Number Of Unified Shaders: 16
GPU Clock(Geometry Domain): 549.6 MHz
GPU Clock(Shader Domain): 1377.0 MHz
Memory Clock: 810.0 MHz (Effective 1620.0 MHz)”

Any upgrade suggestions would be welcome.

I did not get this error on V4.50!

Thank you

No idea what might have changed but you will likely be asked to provide, on the surmise that v4.6.0 actually opens with the error, for the graphics info like this from mine. As you can see I have yet to update to v4.6 as was too busy after clarifying a problem with that which was fixed in a Beta…so as no images needed Gigapixel’ing I did not yet need to update :wink:

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 4.4.5

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 432.00

CPU RAM: 16375 MB

Video RAM: 4096 MB Total, 3712 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 6282 Pixels

This as you may be aware is displayed by clicking Help > Graphics Info and clicking copy.

It does seem odd that v4.5.0 was OK but v4.6.0 errors out…but the more info you can add so much the better for @eric and the Topaz team to examine the issue ! NB there are as far as I know many nVidia users and I have not read of such an error for ages or ever???

For now I have reverted back to 4.5.0 and it seems to be fine…

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers

It may still be of help to post your graphics info…that combined with the fact that returning to v4.5.0 overcame the issue could aid any bug fixing for when you try the next version :wink:

Just doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, try using CPU/OpenVINO mode.

Ah! missed that…seeing Quadro I recalled those cards as being higher end but older. Obviously low end on the ram front!

PS though something about his preference settings maybe as you point out, as he says v4.5.0 runs ok?