GigaPixel AI Rave

I’ve been using GigiPixel to produce very large images from very large (and excellent) starting images. The results have been OK, with a tendency to oversharpening. But WOW! I have amazing success story for this product

Yesterday a client brought me a small collection of images she had “stolen from the internet” that she wanted turned into 16x20 prints. The images ran from 93KB to 227KB, and the artifacts were obvious even at smallish screen sizes. I politely explained it couldn’t be done … but wait! There was one possibility. I loaded one into GigaPixel AI with a finished size of 14"wide @ 300 DPI. Saved to TIF at 300dpi, mostly 88 MB files.

The results varied from incredible to astounding. She wound up with 4 good-looking 11x14 prints – from those tiny sizes. They won’t win awards, but they do look OK — and her husband is going to be very, very happy.

Thank you, Topaz!

1 Like

“stolen from the internet”… A DISGRACE…

1 Like

Not the best choice of statement to make on a photographic site but very well might have been from Creative Commons or the like so I’ll reserve comments.

I agree, and if this had been for any form of commercial use I’d have turned her down flat.

1 Like

Perhaps she stole them from his girlfriend’s FB page to go with the divorce papers, and he’s NOT going to be very, very, happy. :pleading_face:

1 Like

The story does illustrate just why software like GigaPixel allows image theft from POD sites such as fineartamerica when you can make saleable products using just thumbnails. FAA deprecates the use of software such as GigaPixel in order to stifle image theft!!!

1 Like