Gigapixel AI converting file format from .dng to .jpg when I have chosen "no" under convert file formant

I was using Gigapixel AI to upsize a .dng file and chose do not change file format, but the program changed the file format to .jpg. I don’t think it should auto-change the format when none is chosen. Why is .dng not a choice in the formats? Also, the .dng I chose had been processed in Lightroom but none of those changes appeared in the .dng file that was shown in the preview. I hope these 2 problems can be fixed because the previews looked great except that they had none of the Lightroom changes.

Firstly, Gigapixel doesn’t output to DNG - only TIFF, JPEG or PNG - so it has to chooose one of those. You could suggest adding DNG output in a future update. Secondly, only Adobe can read any changes made to DNG files in LR - whether embedded in the DNG or in sidecar files - no third party software can do so. If you want your LR changes to appear you’ll need to export from LR to TIFF, JPEG or PNG.

2 Likes

Gigapixel gives the option of DNG as a format in the Start Batch Processing Image Format dropdown list box. This option should perhaps be removed if DNG is not an option.

My comment was made in May 2019. Clearly the option has been added sometime in the last two years.

And it still doesn’t work as far as I can ascertain (and my comment was not intended as a criticism of you).

It works perfectly well for me. How are you “ascertaining” that it doesn’t - have you tried it?

It doesn’t work for me either… any updates on when will this bug be fixed?

This is a user to user forum so nobody here can answer questions like that. I suggest you raise a support ticket at the main Topaz site.

It doesn’t work for me either. If I select DNG as the output option, clicking the “Start” button in the batch export menu simply doesn’t do anything at all.

Batch process to output format DNG is working OK here on Gigapixel AI v 5.4.5.
I can’t say whether the DNG files produced would open correctly in Light Room or Photoshop because I don’t use them, but they open quite OK in ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021.

My details are
Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.4.5
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1660/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 461.40
CPU RAM: 32688 MB
Video RAM: 6144 MB
Preview Limit: 7677 Pixels

1 Like