Garbled up or black images from denoise after processing?

Some images from the same shoot are processed just fine, others result in either a totally black result or one full of pixelated garbled stuff and sometimes even garbled parts of other images from the same lightroom folder. Parameters in all cases are the same, the preview in denoise is generated fine, but when applied, this weirdness happens…again only to some images from the same “camera roll” Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

PS – tried including a screenshot but apparently I can’t post images.

Go to Help-> Graphics info, press the Copy button and post the info here. Sounds like your GPU driver is not the latest.

Yea - my stuff is fairly old. Late 2011 macbook pro. Curious why this happens only on some images and not others. Thank you!

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.0.3
Operating System: macOS High Sierra (10.13)
Graphics Hardware: Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine
OpenGL Driver: 3.3 INTEL-10.4.14
CPU RAM: 16384 MB
Video RAM: 512 MB
Preview Limit: 2040 Pixels

Some screenshots of the resulting renderings.

It will depend on the dimensions of the image. The larger it is the more likely to get this type of pixelation.

Check with support on the main website and see if there are any alternatives other than using an external GPU.

What is the reason behind that? Most images work well and I’m in no hurry to let the software do its thing slow with old hardware…just seems like something that’s a bug that should be fixed, no?

As I said it is the processing power available or not that causes it.

Note remove the email from your name field as this is a public forum and anyone can see it.