Freezing with large Autopilot batches

When processing large batches of Autopilot image processing jobs, Topaz appears to have a memory leak. The amount of memory the application uses slowly but surely increases until it reaches around 10,000 MB, at which point the application freezes and stops responding.

Everything works fine at first start, but the processing starts to slow down as the memory usage increases. If there are enough images to process it eventually exceeds capacity and freezes the application.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Load 200 or more images
  2. Select all images
  3. Save all images (Autopilot processing)

Topaz Photo AI [v4.2.0] on [Windows/Mac]

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. I can see the memory usage climb and climb and then finally the application quits. I have thousands of images to process but can only do 200-300 at a time.

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

Same issue here. I have already reported on the main 2.4.0 thread and uploaded logs.
Mac mini M1 16Gb, Sonoma 14.4

1 Like

I have uploaded the requested information to Dropbox. Please note this was not an issue until I installed the 2.4.0 update.

I would like to see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem.

Please use the following link to update your driver: NVIDIA Studio Driver | 551.61 | Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11 | NVIDIA

If you are still experiencing problems after this please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page