Ffmpeg error in latest v3.0.0

I’m getting the same error with all models except for Theia - odd. v.3.0.2.
Please fix this asap or post a working solution. Thanks

I bought the program just last week together with an M1 MBP. No preview possible with version 3.0.2 either. Unfortunately. And the rendering ends with an error. I can only agree: please fix the software…

having the same issue on new install after just purchasing the software from the sale…

I’m getting the same issue and have configured everything exactly like they’ve said. Is there any way to debug this? Does the command line write any log output somewhere?

Figured this out. If you add -v verbose to the ffmpeg command it’ll print out much more interesting log output.

Mine said something like critical: unable to write to model directory, so I changed my ffmpeg model path in the GUI. After doing that it all seems to work.

1 Like

1m

This took me ages to figure out, so this is what the problem was:

The 2 folders you have to specify: VEAI_MODEL_DIR and VEAI_MODEL_DATA_DIR are not the same directory. I could see this by adding -v verbose to the ffmpeg command. It said it couldn’t find any models in the directory.

The directory with all your ox.tz files should be VEAI_MODEL_DATA_DIR
There’s an additional directory containing json files. If the json files are not in that dir with the ox.tz files, it won’t work.
With me the json files were located in the rather obscure folder: C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\models
That folder has to be the value of VEAI_MODEL_DIR

To see which values have to be in the env-vars, you can open the gui, and go to menu Process > Open Command Prompt.

Then enter:
echo %VEAI_MODEL_DIR%
echo %VEAI_MODEL_DATA_DIR%

Also, you have to launch ffmpeg from within the topaz working directory, so likely C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI
make sure you type ./ffmpeg to really have the ffmpeg from that dir and not the global ffmpeg program.