FDR Memorial, Washington, DC

Oh, I’m liking the new Painter 2018. This is an image I took several years ago while still living in the DC area. I’ve played with it often trying to get the feel I wanted. I think I finally found the look I chasing. Started with autopainter and then spent a couple hours adding my own brush strokes to the image. I am sharing it here because Topaz plug-ins are still crucial to my work flow.

8 Likes

Great looking image …

1 Like

Nicely done…:slight_smile: are you going to entice me to upgrade Painter again? I have 2017, are there many improvements?

1 Like

@Klaidlaw I knew you’d like Painter 2018 because of your affinity with the cross genre work we’ve seen from you.
@ellemat2 the cloning of images into photo-art is now so simple and straightforward (OK complex images go the old route). But the new brush technology is something to behold and cloning with some of these new brushes makes images truly look “painted”. There are some new features too which you’ll love or hate. Texture synthesis is rather interesting.

1 Like

I like texture synthesis, or at least I like the concept. I haven’t tried it yet. I want to play with thick paint as well. I agree that auto paint takes you a long way down the path to creating a nice looking piece of art, but it still requires a decent amount of actual painting once the auto painting is done. I watched several videos before I decided to jump for the new version. What I am seeing so far makes me happy.

It takes a while to find
… the right subject on which to base it
… the right settings to get the result

“auto paint takes you a long way down the path to creating a nice looking piece of art” – there is no argument here!

1 Like

I don’t use Painter as much as I used to but I try to keep it fairly updated so it remains within a reasonable price range for an upgrade. I saw something tonite that if I hadn’t wanted to do a comparison between the two versions I wouldn’t have noticed. Going to Corel…the Upgrade price is listed at $229. Opening Painter 2017…it’s listed at $129 in Get Content. Just in case another Painter owner isn’t aware.

1 Like

excellent brushwork on a very nice image

1 Like

Thanks, Flick.

Worth keeping a watchful eye for the bargains - and they do occur

1 Like

Very nice artwork!

I have used Painter to host the Topaz plugins and they have worked well together.

1 Like

I never thought to use Topaz plug-ins with Painter. Thanks for the inspiration.

1 Like