Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise After Dark

This was made from 12 shots - 4 different HDR images combined with panorama software.
Taking the images at night without a tripod was not exactly optimal, but it lead to an image I could use Topaz Studio Impression on.

9 Likes

Nice looking capture but the perspective on the left side of the bldg. seems to be off? Have you tried fixing this in PS?
I know there are better options in the new CCPS versions within PS, Lightroom and Camera Raw but I gave it a shot just using Puppet Warp in CS6. I haven’t used Puppet Warp much, but wanted to try it out in your image. I’m sure you can get better results with what you have available.

Here’s my result:

2 Likes

Very nice image and processing

I agree with John, however, and would like to see the image perspective straightened

Lightroom can do this now… I forgot how

1 Like

Thank you very much for the very nice comments, @cre8art and @dvine!

I really like the job you did with puppet warp (autocorrect kept wanting to change it to puppy!) John! I have tried it and am not very good at it yet, so I need to make some more videos and practice more!

2 Likes

I thinking this might be better without impression, just a night photo, but still nice. It does need to be straightened as done by John. I did it using the warp tool in Affinity Photo and it was close to John’s version. I won’t upload but I hadn’t use the tool (in Affinity) and took a while to find it.

1 Like

Thank you for the very nice comments!

I wish I could have done that, but the night photos did not cone out well enough to do that and the panoramas did not even overlap well.

I think they would have done better if I had used a tripod…

1 Like