Face Detection Issue | v2.3.1

Prozessor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz

Installierter RAM 32,0 GB (31,9 GB verwendbar)

Geräte-ID 6E9C554F-9098-4F71-A49D-88BEAD5F09AF

Produkt-ID 00330-80000-00000-AA976

Systemtyp 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 21H2

Installiert am ‎20.‎11.‎2020

Betriebssystembuild 19044.3086

Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

~WRD0001.jpg

I am running a custom machine, an I&-9700k Intel processor @ 3.60 GHz

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics card

64 GB Ram

WIN Pro 11

I attached one log as an example.

2024-02-09-12-19-49.tzlog.txt (75 KB)

2024-02-09-12-19-49.tzlog (74.3 KB)

Same issue, detecting face hang up using 2.3.1. Changed back to 2.3.0 works fine.

Win 11
CPU i3
24GB memory
Intel Graphic 630

Same Issue in here, It probably happens everywhere, maybe your developers should redesign this latest update, it is unusable as it is.

Yes, I’ve got the same issue - just hangs at the Detecting Faces stage - not had any issues until the latest update.

Having the exact same issues since upgrade to v2.3.1. It hangs when detecting faces. It never concludes.

I have uploaded my logs and notes.

Thanks for sharing those!

Same issue. Hanging on face detection since last update.

Same problem here, program stops on face detection. With autop pilot off same reults.

Same Issue

Topaz photo AI ver 2.3.1, Windows 10. Autopilot is the default setting, but it hangs at face detection. There is a lock symbol next to the filter and the words “Face detection not run”. Additionally, Autopilot cannot be disabled - even though you select no filters in the preference section, when you load an image, autopilot kicks back in and now hangs at the loading image filter. You can’t stop it - you’re just stuck in the endlessly spinning clock. This newest release is a real hot mess. I see posts complaining about this problem; I hope it gets fixed asap because this program version is completely unusable. Very disappointing.

11 days on and still having all the problems! Ca you give us any indication when this will be fixed
Thanks

Same issue. Just sent my log files. Win11, Geforce GTX 1060, Intel(R) Core™ i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz.

I am a standalone user using ON1 Photo Raw. My purpose in buying Topaz Photo AI was to clean up some old and scanned images that I want to use in a PhotoBOOK. The Demo version, on a different PC seemed to work well enough although it seemed slow.

Our developers are working on a fix and should have a built that is testable very soon. Once we have a build with a fix we will add it to this thread.

just to let you know i too get face detection causes topaz to hang
works fine if face detection is disabled
works fine if downgraded to topaz 2.3.0
Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

1 Like

I can confirm, that disabling face recovery before opening any photo helps. With it enabled the software hangs either when doing face detection, or even directly after opening a photo. At least in my case.

In addition, enabling face detection by using the icon under photo preview also hangs the software. Or it hangs the detection, better said.

Yes that’s exactly what happens to my topaz
Obviously not a one off so I hope topaz will quickly come up with a fix

Topaz just replied to tell me they are fixing it and will post it on a new update soon
In the meantime I suggest all to use version 3.1.0

Until then I have disabled face detection and use PhotoAI without issues. Fortunately all other functions, which I have used so far, seem to work properly.