Face Detection Hanging

I’ve just updated and now Face Detection won’t work. Auto pilot tries to run it but it just sits there spinning forever and Autopilot never completes, and now all of Topaz is ‘broken’ because you can’t get past that once it tries to load an image.

As of Sunday Feb 4 2024

Topaz Photo AI 2.3.1 on Windows

3 Likes

Please supply all of the required information such as PC specs, logs etc.

What logs? From where? How do I obtain them for you? I’m on a 64k Win 10 PC. I’ve no clue what my processor/v-card etc. is. Explain how/where to obtain what you need and I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks for reaching out to us on our support page.

Our developers are currently working on this issue and will resolve it quickly.

You can choose one of these two workarounds to resolve this issue:

• Disable the Autopilot in the app’s Preferences > Autopilot menu

• Uninstall the current application version and then revert back to Topaz Photo AI v2.3.0 using the following download link: Topaz Photo AI | v 2.3.0 | Windows Installer

Thanks!

I’ll do the former for now and await an updated download with a fix in the meantime.

Appears a lot of users are having the same issue, I doubt it’s a specific device issue. I ended up installing the old version 2.3.0 and things seem to be working again. I did have to run a repair after I ran the install as it appeared it removed the latest version but failed to install the older version. I then rebooted and ran the install again and selected repair and it installed all the files and it is no longer hanging at detecting faces. I’m really surprised they allowed something like this past the testing stages. I would recommend Topaz to remove the update so unexpected customers do not install what I would consider a major bug.

Here’s the link to the previous version: https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazPhotoAI/2.3.0/TopazPhotoAI-2.3.0.msi

2 Likes

I think you might be wrong as a Win 11, AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX, RAM 32GB, NVIDIA RTX3060/6GB with Driver version 551.23 (Studio) has absolutely no issue.

There also was a report on the forum where AMD GPUs were having was having issues with Photo AI an the OP downloaded a fix from AMD forums …

1 Like

Having the same problem. Autpilot is the default, but the program just hangs at face detection. There is a little lock symbol next to face detection and it reads “face detection not run”. Also cannot disable autopilot! Even tho’ you disable the filters in the preferences section, autopilot continues to run and nothing progresses - no loading image, no detecting subject, no face detection, etc. You cannot manually select a filter to apply, either. This release is really a hot mess! Windows 10 desktop.

It gets stuck on Autopilot face recognition and loops there forever. I have turned off auto-pilot and filters (and saved that) but it does not turn off.

An suggestion on how to get the older version back (it worked fine).

I paid a lot of money for this and it is impossible to use!

Lyle M.

Turn off Face Recovery in the settings (open as a standalone)

Also you post about a issue without the required information, PC specs, Logs etc.

Our developers are currently working on this issue and will resolve it quickly.

You can choose one of these two workarounds to resolve this issue:

• Like @AiDon said disable the Autopilot in the app’s Preferences > Autopilot menu

• Uninstall the current application version and then revert back to Topaz Photo AI v2.3.0 using the following download link: Topaz Photo AI | v 2.3.0 | Windows Installer

Program keeps hanging up at detecting faces stage in autopilot. Did not happen before last update.

2 Likes

I concur!
When I open Photo AI ver 2.3.1, it says “Face Detection Not Run”.
It worked perfectly in the previous version.
Please rectify this ASAP!
John Villumsen

Just to say I use GigapixelAI which I like. I downloaded the demo 2.31 version of PhotoAI to see if it would help me with other image issues but unfortunately I ran straight into this bug (Spec: Windows 10, NVidea GeForce 1070Ti). Attempting to disable the Autopilot feature did not work which also leaves me a little dismayed that this application is incomplete and not yet PROD ready.
I was seriously considering purchasing this application but unfortunately this experience has put me off for just now.