Face detect identifies areas with now faces

When using Topaz AI 1.3.5 on some photo files are detecting faces where there are no faces in that region. The attached file shows two areas at the bottom of the image. I have seen images with up to 15 non faces detected. I have been removing files from the selected images in the scroll window and this seems to trigger it occurring a few images later though I maybe wrong about this.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1 Load 200+ large tiff photos
  2. Step 2 Start using face detect on every photo switching some faces on and off in each
  3. Step 3 Some images will show 3 faces detected (or more) when there is only 1. (see attached file)

This does not appear to affect Topaz AI processing the images but I have not tried selecting any of the non faces to see what happens.

Topaz Photo AI v1.3.5 on Windows/Mac
areas

@mark.beavan Thanks for submitting this.

The Face Recovery bug is a known issue we’re working on improving it for a future release coming soon.

In the meantime, you can experiment with which setting works best for your photos. Go to the Topaz Photo AI menu option in the top left corner > Preferences > Autopilot > Face Detection.

From there, you can choose between All, Auto, Subject Only, or None.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.