Extreme noise not being detected by Autopilot

[Have been using the photo suite package for about 8 months now and love it. However, after noticing that autopilot was not picking up on some noisy images, I started throwing some very noisy images up and still no picking it up by autopilot. Maybe 1 in 10 really noisy images was detected. Of course I use the sliders 99% of the time to get my own preferred results, but this seems like an issue that needs addressing to me based on what the purpose of Topaz is. Attached are 2 images for example. The top is my edit from Lightroom which has a lot of noise in the clouds. Autopilot didn’t detect noise and only tried to sharpen. Bottom image is my Topaz edit with Strong Noise Removal@70 and Recover Original Detail@18. If I am using that setting to clean the noise up, why would it not be detected when loaded.

]

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

You can go to Preferences > Remove Noise (non-Raw or RAW) and set the Default AI Model and the Model Strength.

Thanks very much John! That did the trick. Sorry for the slow reply.

Jay

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.