External Editor - Photo Supreme

When invoking Photo AI from a DAM (Photo Supreme, Faststone Image VIewer, others), Photo AI thinks it is being invoked as an external editor and does not provide the ability to export a new version of the image; instead it just overwrites the original image. This might make sense if being called by Lightroom or Affinity Photo, but does not make sense if being called from a DAM.

Photo AI should have a way to treat a DAM as just another file manager like Windows Explorer.

The easiest way to fix his is to add a flag to indicate that Photo AI is being invoked by a DAM and therefore needs to provide the full export option (permit the changing of file name, folder, file format, etc.).

This is a real workflow issue and has been brought up before, back in July 2023. It should be fairly easy to fix, especially if Topaz sees Photo AI as a complete editing solution, and not only as a plug-in for Lightroom, Photoshop, Affinity, etc.

Howard

Topaz Photo AI v3.0.4 on Windows 10

Please take a screen recording of this behavior so I can see exactly what is happening in order to share with the developers.

Loom is a great free application for this: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording

Will do.

I’ve downloaded Loom and used it to record as detailed an explanation as time allows. It only took me three attempts.

Let me know if you have any issues accessing the video recording. I think my explanation of the problem will be easier to understand after viewing it.

https://www.loom.com/share/e8c4e771d1454e96b10282f951e3878f?sid=248da436-23db-4d9e-896d-1b76404abfc5

P.S. Loom seems to think that I don’t want you (Topaz) to take any action; this is clearly not the case. I think Loom’s AI is having a rough night.

Thanks for sending that screen recording; it has helped me understand the workflow you are trying to use.

Unfortunately the option to change the Export will not be present in these situations. However, I have moved your request to our Ideas section of the Community Forums so this can be reviewed by the appropriate development team.

Make sure that you do not forget to vote for your idea :slight_smile: