Error saving a9iii file to LR Classic

Have just tried to save Topaz edits of new Sony A9iii raw and jpg images to LR Classic. topaz sees the file, edits the file, but when I hit save or save to Adobe Lightroom Classic, I get a simple statement: error saving dng file. or error: dng write error. It’s not the macbook pro causing the problem - prior sony camera files did just fine throughout the process. The only thing new is the camera.
Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Will follow this thread. LRC 13.2 on Mac Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)

I suspect it is probably not supported by the RAW converter, check on the main website.

Which we can assume will be fixed in the next update?

They use LibRAW for RAW development, check the LibRAW forum as there may be guidance there.

Currently the Sony A9 III is not a supported camera for Topaz Photo AI.

Check out our list of Supported Cameras for Topaz Photo AI.

We utilize a third-party software known as LibRAW for RAW file processing. We will need to patiently await an update from them regarding their RAW library before we can incorporate it into our software.

During this period, it would be necessary for you to convert those RAW files into either TIFF or JPG format.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.