Error Loading Model

Howdy…I keep running into the ‘Error Loading Model’ error…

• I am running Topaz 2.2.2, standalone, on Windows 11 2H2
  • it works fine for the first JPG I want to process (which suggests it’s not a system/driver issue)
  • when I load the next file and try to process it, I get the error
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photo AI but that hasn’t resolved the problem
  • In-app model downloads are enabled

Part of the log file shows…
[2024-01-15 19:46:36.280, 12.88 s] [79bc] Info | Proc image worker started: QRect(2977,1787 1005x1063) => QRect(2977,1787 1010x1068)
[2024-01-15 19:46:36.284, 4.52 ms] [79bc] Error | No matching model info found for “” - “Sharpen Standard”
[2024-01-15 19:46:36.284, 32.90 μs] [79bc] Error | Missing model identifier in: “” - “Sharpen Standard”
[2024-01-15 19:46:36.284, 46.10 μs] [79bc] Info | Initializing with: QRectF(2977,1787 1010x1068) “” QSizeF(6960, 4640) 1 -2
[2024-01-15 19:46:36.284, 24.80 μs] [79bc] Info | [AIE] Model with name not found in apnb dnt_beta draw_linear drw_native drw_standard expog expoi gfclc gffm gfg gfp-l gfp-s gfpf ggi ggn ggn_ap ghq gmp isoa isob lmx s_mask_l_flexible sam_decode sam_encode sdi_dec sdi_enc sdi_imdn sdi_unet slsp slsp_ap smp_flexible sms_new sstd sstg trf trfn wbc
[2024-01-15 19:46:36.284, 8.50 μs] [79bc] Error | AIEngine setup failed for “” on device -2
[2024-01-15 19:46:36.288, 4.20 ms] [79bc] Error | AI Engine Load Exception: Could not load model

Suggestions?

Thanks. Ken

Reinstall, download the v2.2.2 installer from the main website or this forum and reinstall as the model is missing. It use another model rather than Sharpen Standard.

1 Like

@AiDon is correct!

This issue might have been prevented during the download process for update.

To address this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Then rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly:

Topaz Labs Download Page

Howdy…thanks for the info but I have already downloaded and reinstalled several times without success. The point to note is that everything works with the first file that I process. The error occurs if I change anything while processing the second file. If I close and restart Photo AI, that same file (#2) works fine so the models must be installed. It’s getting cumbersome having to close and reopen the app after every file.

Any more ideas?

I may have figured out the issue here. When I drop the 2nd file into Topaz to start processing it, I usually close the 1st image in the strip along the bottom of the tool. If I leave the 1st file open, I don’t run into the missing model error.

I am going to suggest that a recent code change causes the tool to close the associated model(s) as well as the image file. When the tool tries to access the model(s) for image #2, it isn’t open anymore and throws an error instead of trying to reopen it/them.

As long as I don’t close any open images, subsequent images will process without the missing model error.

1 Like

Howdy…please see my added note below with a possible answer to this issue.

This is interesting and I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this error message in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this email.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Howdy…I recreated the error…

• opened new session, processed file #1, saved #1, loaded file #2, closed #1
  • I see the Sharpen model enabled for #2 but the msg line above the model options says ‘No Filters Enabled’
  • if I enable the Removing Noise model, the ‘Error loading model’ appears above the model options

The relevant logfile and the Dxdiag file have been sent to your Dropbox.

Thanks. Ken

Thanks for sending that in.

I’ve reviewed your logs, and it seems that you’re still missing several model files for download. This issue might have been prevented during the download process.

To address this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Then rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

Let me know how that goes for you.

Howdy…if I am missing model files, why does the same image process correctly when I restart Topaz? Shouldn’t it trip over the same missing files again?

Thanks. Ken

1 Like

I am having the exact same problem. What is baffling is that Topaz AI works perfectly on the first image one process, but then I get “error loading model” on the second image (or on one attempt, the third image). Like the OP, I have followed all the recommended steps (disabled antivirus, restarted, re-downloaded and installed AI from a different browser) and I’m still getting the same problem. I had no problem with Topaz AI 1.X, but cannot use Topaz AI 2.X. I tried with 2.1.X and now again with 2.3.X. Same problem. I’m very frustrated.

I just discovered that if I restart my computer, Topaz Photo AI again works for 1 image, but then gives the “Error Loading Model” error on the 2nd image.

Another weird and not-very-acceptable workaround:

1. I drop a photo into Photo AI after a restart and the file stays open.
  2. I drop a second photo in to Photo AI - the model works.

This is not acceptable as I’ve lost the integration with Lightroom with this approach, but it may point to where the problem is.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.