Enhancement Request: Dedicated Astrophotography Settings in Software

Hello Team,

As an avid amateur astrophotographer, I frequently use your software to enhance my celestial images, including moon landscapes, solar captures, planetary shots, and deep-sky photographs. Your software has been instrumental in my hobby, helping me refine and improve the quality of my images. However, I’ve noticed that a one-size-fits-all approach to sharpening and denoising doesn’t always yield the best results across the different types of astrophotography subjects.

To this end, I’d like to suggest the introduction of dedicated settings or profiles within your software specifically tailored for various astrophotography categories. For instance, separate optimization features for lunar surfaces, solar images, planetary details, and deep-sky objects could significantly enhance the user experience and outcomes for astrophotography enthusiasts like myself. Such a feature would not only improve the software’s versatility but also empower users to achieve more precise and stunning astronomical imagery.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I am looking forward to future updates and am excited about the potential of enhancing my astrophotography with your software.

1 Like

I’ve not had any luck with lunar images with it; it always blows out the highlights, even with Autopilot turned off. The resulting DNG ends up severely clipped and unusable vs the original NEF.

Thanks for the idea and suggestion! Make sure that you do not forget to vote for your idea :slight_smile:

1 Like