Enhance PS integration for Mask AI, Automate Layer & Mask Creation

Thx for the steps!!! I’ll try tomorrow. Hitting the hay for tonite… Cool!

Oh, I just read this again now that I’m awake to see the fresh snarky language you used.

And, I realized that what you laid out is what I was already doing and advising others to do in other posts b/c of my Ps experience. Unfortunately, I cannot unlike what I thought was a kind post…

I just wanted the MAI program to not require me to go through all the manual duplicating steps that I had already suggested others try in Ps.

Thank you for that information. I had not known that and the ability to create an editable mask makes this tool a lot more useful for me.

OMG, I must lead such an empty life! I just tried this and am so excited given how much compositing I do… I’m going to give you my firstborn!!! Okay, so I’m well past that option and don’t have a firstborn. But, y’know what they say, “It’s the thought that counts!

1 Like

Is there a way to create a layer mask from Mask AI as I could in Remask 5? What I would really like is two buttons; Apply Layer and Apply Mask so I have my choice on a case by case basis. Thanks.

And, yes, I know how to create a layer mask from the art layer that Mask AI creates by default. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hello Bazsl, I do not know how to create a layer mask for the art layer that Mask AI creates by default. I researched your comment a bit and could not find any instructions/information. I would be very thankful if you could send me to a link . Mask AI does not provide a mask out in photoshop plugin and I agree the workflow productivity of AI mask in PS is a headache. I hope they fix it soon. I’m reporting out to my friends to hold off on the plugin for now…

In the interim there is a downloadable PS Action in this thread you can Load to your Actions.

And please, everyone who has visited and posted here vote for this enhancement … top LH corner of the thread.

I can’t wait…

Here’s what I tried using an MAI 1.0.2 gen’d (Ps CC 2019 plugin - Win PC) mask back to Ps Layer. It’s not intended as a masterpiece. More to show I tried the @lmgreene and @PaulM recommended techniques on the MAI gen’d mask. I don’t know if the same capabilities are possible in the MAI standalone… but would be cool. if so.

I duplicated the Ps CC layer before going into MAI and added a white mask to that layer…

Original Image:

MAI 1-0-2 Output Mask - Adjusted on Ps layer w/Levels (per L. Greene):

MAI 1-0-2 Output Mask - Adjusted on Ps Layer w/Overlay Brush (Low Flow) (per P. Meach):

Bird Adjusted on Ps Layers - For Purposes of Validating MAI Mask Accuracy & Adjustment Isolation (not art…):

I don’t know what you guys are finding, but the Panning seemed to work for me when I 1st downloaded MAI 1.0.2 today, but didn’t work at all tonight. I was back to having to move the Nav box around again to maneuver around the image; in Fill Screen and Zoomed in Views.

On my lighter-resource machines I find that restarting (and thereby restoring my resources) often fixes things like this as the AI apps are really resource-hungry. I don’t experience those problems with my more well-equipped machines.

1 Like

Okay. Will try.

Didn’t think I’d need a supercomputer (oops, dating myself?) just to do photo processing … :roll_eyes: